What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Up early today. Before sun up. A cool 62 on the patio. Smoking CS Rivendell in a Don Carlos blasted bent brandy with fresh brewed cowboy coffee. I know, should have been CH in a cob, but this is a good pairing. Have to be at Mayer HD by 10. Manning one of the stops for our Legion Riders poker run.

Smoking a De Paja bent brandy with Lane LL-7 and a bottle of mineral water,have not felt well all day. 6 hours of sleep last night and now a cold coming on from the air conditioning. Bidding on a real nice Stefano pipe...

CS Shepherds Pie in a Randy Wiley grade 99 freehand dublin. Iced coffee on the side. As Jim says, "this will get me to dinner". Had a good day at the poker run. Won 2 $20 gift certificates off $5 worth of raffle tickets.

G'day from Greece, we've got sun and 93 'F here in Athens.

PaEuhXj.jpg

Stanwell Vanilla.

Up early again, sun just peeking below the horizon. CS Choctaw in a Butz Choquin magnum bent brandy. Big mug of Costa Rican blend coffee. Gotta head down to the Legion in an hour or so to help with breakfast. Got a little bit of rain last night but not much. Some scattered clouds today.

82° and clear. Stanwell with new Luxury Navy Flake. The shape is no longer produced by Stanwell, but it has been a disappointment since the first smoke. I don't know what the previous owner(s) smoked in it, but it is almost sour, maybe even sappy or greeny. I'm not sure how to describe it. It's the first time I've ever ran into this taste in a pipe. I got it before I started washing my pipes with soap and running water. I was going to sell this pipe, but I thought I'd give it a good scrubbing with a tube brush before locking into that decision. I cut the cake right down to wood and scrubbed the crap out of the airway. It mostly worked. I'd say 90% of that taste is gone now, and what remaining is no longer a prevailing flavor. I'm telling you. If you have a problematic pipe, use running water and go to town on it. There's nothing to lose.

Just took a break from Sunday chores!! Up early this morning to enjoy cool temps and light breezes brought in by a coll front during the night!! Temps 25F cooler than the last few days; barely in the 80's! enjoyed bowls of CH, MacB's Golden Extra, and Watch City Slice in a variety of good ol' cobs!! Dark, strong coffee to make my morning!! FTRPLT

78°, clear, and breezy. Same Stanwell as a couple posts above with 4 year old Night Train. I didn't notice that funny flavor much while smoking, but an hour later, I'm tasting it. Still have hopes I'm going to smoke out that flavor.

Change of pace. Wife wanted to join me on the patio, so in deference I chose an aro over a balkan blend. Sutliff Xmas Spice in a Nording Extra grade 2 freehand. Wife says it smells like cookies. Iced coffee on the side. Cool, breezy, cloudy, 70s. Possible rain later.

Closing in at the half way point on this bowl of year 2022 Prince Albert in a 2015 Basil Meadows black sandblasted billiard with an aluminum band and a pearl red acrylic tapered stem. This is the third bowl I have smoked of this version tonight. I smoked a bowl of the original before that as I am revising my review of Prince Albert.
Basil_Meadows_billiard.jpg

Good morning,
Smoking a Bari Wiking freehand with MB 7 seas regular blend and a mug of Colmbian peaks coffee. Still not feeling great and have to be at work early this morning.

Gave up trying to sleep, so I'm half way through this bowl of year 2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg