What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now smoking Chris Morgan Jackalope in a straight smooth medium brown year 1912 Henry Tongue bulldog with a silver cap and band and an amber saddle stem with an orific bit.
View attachment 5351
Wow, How bizarre, I just purchased the Henry Tongue Bulldog yesterday from Ebay, OK the condition isn't as great as yours, it has a cracked stem, but the bowl on enquiries was in perfect condition, so I bought it for £20. Now I'm even happier

Attachments

• 2022_07_17_14.05.22.jpg
    2022_07_17_14.05.22.jpg
    610 KB · Views: 0
  • 2022_07_17_14.05.28.jpg
    2022_07_17_14.05.28.jpg
    511.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 2022_07_17_14.05.39.jpg
    2022_07_17_14.05.39.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
74° and cloudy. British prince with 7 year old McClelland 2015. It was a fine, fine smoke. 9/10.

My second or third pipe was a similar pipe. Before I had any knowledge of dedicated pipes, I had dedicated it to Escudo. I didn't know anyone who dedicated pipes to certain tobaccos. Then again, it was early in my smoking, and I didn't know many smokers. On an extremely limited budget, Escudo was 3-3.5Xs the price of my other tins. It was a frugal move to only smoke it out of this smaller bowled pipe, but as we know now, the bowl shape was greatly suited for such a tobacco. Dumb "luck" of a green smoker.

Dunhill had it right with their fishtail stem. With princes tending to be slightly longer than your average classic shape, and with how they tend to hang from the mouth, I feel it is necessary for the prince to have a wider bit. When I see princes with tiny bits, or even with some having round and tapering to smaller bits, I don't understand it. That could never work for me on a prince.

Wishing everyone a joyful Sunday morning. Treating myself to my usual Urban Cowboy in a huge Don Carlos 2 note bent dublin with strong black cowboy coffee. Very peaceful out today and not too many gnats. EZ, you gotta know when to back off pal. Just tell the boss you can't do over 8 hours and he needs to pick up the slack. When I was working, 12 and 16 hour days were common, but at 74 no way I could do that now.

Not far from finishing this bowl of year 2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Wow, How bizarre, I just purchased the Henry Tongue Bulldog yesterday from Ebay, OK the condition isn't as great as yours, it has a cracked stem, but the bowl on enquiries was in perfect condition, so I bought it for £20. Now I'm even happier
Congrats, man. I'm sure you'll enjoy it! I'd love to see it when you give it a cleaning.

A quarter of the way through this bowl of Watch City Waltham Broken Cake in a medium bend fumed tan crackled year 2020 Ahmet Govem reverse calabash meerschaum with a military mount silver band and black acrylic stem. Posted the review of KBV Orange Thunder at TR, and am working on a review of the blend I'm smoking.
View attachment 5365
If I've said this before, please forgive me. I'm not much for meerschaums, but I'm lusty for this pipe. I want one just like it. One of my favorite meerschaums I've ever seen. I've owned a few and enjoyed them to a degree. I took the ownership and handling too seriously, making them not entirely enjoyable to own or smoke. I would do things differently now. To bother him to make one similar, if even possible, isn't in the cards. I no longer spend $200 on a pipe. Still, I can lust.

If I've said this before, please forgive me. I'm not much for meerschaums, but I'm lusty for this pipe. I want one just like it. One of my favorite meerschaums I've ever seen. I've owned a few and enjoyed them to a degree. I took the ownership and handling too seriously, making them not entirely enjoyable to own or smoke. I would do things differently now. To bother him to make one similar, if even possible, isn't in the cards. I no longer spend $200 on a pipe. Still, I can lust.
I understand how you feel, man. It took me a long time to realize that I should just enjoy a meerschaum, and not worry about the extra rituals. Sometimes, it takes a while to realize you possess the pipe, and it's not the other way around.

About a quarter of a bowl left of 1970s Philip Morris Revelation in a 1920s-30s Grant’s Pipe Shop Corinthian Deluxe 409 (made by Comoy’s) smooth brown medium bend bulldog with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink. It's time for my weekly Sunday pipe chat.
Grant’s_Pipe_Shop_CorinthianDeluxe_bulldog409.jpg

Uhh,yeah,
Trying to use up my Lane very cherry, with the Luden's couph drop flavor in donor pipe reading "Made in London England, made by hand" with the maker's name all XXX out (Wonder why that happens?).

Nik
"Dunhill won the battle. When Dunhill bought them out they took all of the Charatans that were still in existence and X’d them all out. They stamped them all out and sold them for whatever they could get for them. So, you’re talking a pipe that might have sold for a grand sold for 50 bucks."

https://pipesmagazine.com/blog/pipe-collecting/international-charatan-collectors-society/

Now smoking the last of this tin of year 2013 Capstan Blue in a straight 1924 Dunhill’s “Shell Briar” patent pot 7 with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Watching an episode of The Food That Built America.
Dunhill_1924_ pot.jpg

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, chicken legs and sugar snap peas dinner with a small scoop of double chocolate ice cream for dessert. I'm closing in on the half way mark on this bowl of Chacom No. 4 in a late 50s, early 60s Comoy’s straight smooth dark brown Deluxe 20 billiard with a silver cap military mount and a tapered black vulcanite stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Watching Montana starring Errol Flynn.
Comoy’s_Deluxe 20 billiard_50-60.jpg