What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just passing the quarter mark on this bowl of Seattle Pipe Club Hogshead plug in a medium bend, smooth brown 1950s Peterson 999 Dublin chubby Rhodesian with a tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem.
Peterson_999_Rhodesian_Dublin.jpg

I didn't check the temperature this morning, but it was pleasantly cool with drier air having moved into the area. Italian poker in a British tradition with new Luxury Navy Flake. All those caramel and sweet tones were present. It was a rewarding smoke. 8/10.

Almost half way through this bowl of year 2022 Wessex Campaign Dark Flake in a straight black 1963 Dunhill LBS Shell 4S billiard with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Watching the Braves-Phillies game.
Dunhill_1963_LBS_billiard.jpg

Relaxing after eating a wonderful medium pizza loaded with toppings with a big chocolate chip cookie for dessert. It'll take a while to diet that off, but it was worth it!! I'm passing the quarter mark on this bowl of year 2013 Esoterica Tilbury in a 2002 smooth Rinaldo Silver Line 3 EGER 05 paneled horn with a black acrylic stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.

Rinaldo Silver Line 3 EGER 05 paneled horn.jpg

OK so I've cleaned and reset the bowl on my latest acquisition. A vintage Henry Tounge bulldog. Its not as nice as the one owned by JimInks, he has the original amber stem intact. But as you can see by the picture. I purchased mine knowing the stem was broken. So at the moment an acrylic stem will have to do, while I hunt down an amber one. Yeah I know, good luck with that yeah.
Anyway here we go. I'm going to plug it with St. Bruno and light it up.
Have a great day my friends

Attachments

• 20220726_132849.jpg
    20220726_132849.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
OK so I've cleaned and reset the bowl on my latest acquisition. A vintage Henry Tounge bulldog. Its not as nice as the one owned by JimInks, he has the original amber stem intact. But as you can see by the picture. I purchased mine knowing the stem was broken. So at the moment an acrylic stem will have to do, while I hunt down an amber one. Yeah I know, good luck with that yeah.
Zippo, Good job. The replacement stem matches up well on that old fella.

Zip, google Mark Tinsky. He has a bunch of amber stems. If you mike out the stem and send him the measurements, stem OD, and length, mortise OD , ID and length, etc. he can cut it for you and mail to you. At worst you may have to sandpaper the mortise a bit. Did this for me on a stem for a Pete and worked out good.

Some Hobbits Weed in a Don Carlos bent brandy with french vanilla coffee. Not as hot as I would like but wifey, ex RN, says hot isn't good for my sutures after oral surgery. At least I can smoke and have coffee. Really not much discomfort considering the extensive amount of work they did.

Zip, google Mark Tinsky. He has a bunch of amber stems. If you mike out the stem and send him the measurements, stem OD, and length, mortise OD , ID and length, etc. he can cut it for you and mail to you. At worst you may have to sandpaper the mortise a bit. Did this for me on a stem for a Pete and worked out good.
Nice one, cheers Ranger buddy. I'll get right on it