What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
'Dayyy from Greece.

EJ7Eolk.jpg

XGlbedE.jpg

Planta No1.

Starting off my smoking day with a bowl of year 2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Gave up trying to sleep, and should have lit up this bowl a half hour ago.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Good morning and a happy Sunday to everyone. Starting out with some CS Rivendell in a Sasieni made Stanford bent smooth rhodesian with acrylic military mount stem. Big mug of Costa Rican coffee. Decided I should start smoking more of my lesser used pipes. Have 60+ pipes and smoke the same 10 or 12 90% of the time.

Half way through this bowl of year 2014 Astley’s No. 55 in a 1915-1920 straight smooth dark brown BBB Own Make 150 apple with a silver band and a tapered black vulcanite stem. Going to smoke BBBs this afternoon.
BBB_Own Make_150_apple.jpg

Half way through this bowl of year 2014 Astley’s No. 55 in a 1915-1920 straight smooth dark brown BBB Own Make 150 apple with a silver band and a tapered black vulcanite stem. Going to smoke BBBs this afternoon.
View attachment 5618
BBB made good pipes. Had a couple back in my college days which I wish I had kept. One, a lumberman, smoked exceptionally well.

About a third of a bowl left of Dan/DTM Timm’s No Name Gold Flake in a straight smooth brown 1960s patent BBB Guardsman Medium Pastime billiard with a reverse tenon and tapered black vulcanite stem.
BBB_Guardsman_Med_Pastime_billiard.jpg

BBB made good pipes. Had a couple back in my college days which I wish I had kept. One, a lumberman, smoked exceptionally well.
I really enjoy my BBBs. I have two that I can't decide what to smoke in them, but I'm working on that. This 1930s "Highest Grade" BBB is one I can't figure out a genre for. I'm not going to make a pipe this old an English or aromatic pipe. Most pipes could smoke those well enough. And the bowl is a tad too big for flakes. I'll figure it out eventually.
BBB_Highest Grade 64.jpg

Just passing the half way mark on this bowl of 2021 Watch City Simply Orange Virginia in a 1978 BBB straight smooth brown Silver Mounted 522 pot with a silver band and a tapered black vulcanite stem.
BBB_Silver Mounted522_pot.jpg

Enjoyed a tasty lunch, did set of walking reps, and smoked a bowl of Wilke Back Bay in a straight smooth brown 1960s patent BBB Special Medium Billiard with a reverse tenon and tapered black vulcanite stem. This is a different grade than the similar one I smoked earlier. First time smoking this pipe.
BBB_Special_Medium_Billiard.jpg

Now smoking unreleased Sutliff VaPer in a smooth medium brown medium bend 1950s B.B.B. Own Make 307 apple with a sterling silver band and black vulcanite saddle stem. Have three more BBBs to smoke today. Lavazza Espresso, neat, is my drink. Time for my weekly Sunday pipe zoom!
BBB_Own_Make307_apple .jpg

I really enjoy my BBBs. I have two that I can't decide what to smoke in them, but I'm working on that. This 1930s "Highest Grade" BBB is one I can't figure out a genre for. I'm not going to make a pipe this old an English or aromatic pipe. Most pipes could smoke those well enough. And the bowl is a tad too big for flakes. I'll figure it out eventually.
View attachment 5620
MacBaren Stockton or Symphony?? Smoked Symphony back in the day and it was very good. Haven't tried Stockton but it sounds delicious. May have to order some for myself.

My final BBB smoke of the day is C&D Derringer in a 1930s straight smooth dark brown BBB Highest Grade 64 chubby billiard with a bone condenser and a tapered black vulcanite stem. First time smoking this pipe. Ice water and bergs is my drink. I DVR'd the Braves-Mets game, so I'm watching that now.
BBB_Highest Grade 64.jpg

Now smoking year 2007 Astley’s No. 109 in a straight smooth brown circa 1950s-60s BBB Contrast 506 Canadian with a tapered black vulcanite stem.
View attachment 5625
Man, that looks almost exactly like the one I bought in college. Think I paid $18 for it. Shoulda kept it.

Still on my quest to smoke every pipe in my collection with different tobaccos. So, it's Sutliff Balkan II in a 90's vintage Stanwell smooth bent apple. Haven't smoked this in close to a year. Really can't remember when. Odd thing is this used to be a regular rotation pipe a couple of years ago. Crown royal on the side.

Attachments

• 20220807_162931.jpg
    20220807_162931.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0