What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Peterson_999_Rhodesian_Dublin.jpg
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, wild caught catfish and snow peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. I'm nearing the half way mark on this bowl of Seattle Pipe Club Hogshead plug in a medium bend, smooth brown 1950s Peterson 999 Dublin chubby Rhodesian with a tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Watching the Dodgers-Padres game. Decided to have a night of Petersons.

About a quarter of a bowl left of year 2013 Rotary Navy Cut in a post-1938 Pre-Republic Peterson Dublin straight smooth X155 bulldog with a sterling silver band and a tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem. Nigel Bruce smoked this model in two Sherlock Holmes movies. Please consider asking Smoking Pipes to bring back this model.
Peterson_PR_Bulldog_XL155.jpg

Good morning all. Cracked open a tin of Peterson EMP last night with the intention of having it this morning. But, I love burley with my first cup o joe so it's Urban Cowboy in the huge Don Carlos 2 note dublin. Love this pipe and this tobacco. Very sublime in the morning. A 10/10 as Zeno Marx would say. Maybe try the EMP for a 2nd bowl?

Good Afternoon my friends.
Well it's a beautiful day here in Blighty.
And at the risk of upsetting SturdyPapa, who I know despises these pipes 😉. I'm going to rotate through some falcons. Plugging them between St. Bruno and Condor, and maybe an ancient tin of Erinmore that I found at the back of a drawer, whilst looking for briar polish.
Have a great day my friends.

Attachments

• 20220808_155042.jpg
    20220808_155042.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Good morning all. Cracked open a tin of Peterson EMP last night with the intention of having it this morning. But, I love burley with my first cup o joe so it's Urban Cowboy in the huge Don Carlos 2 note dublin. Love this pipe and this tobacco. Very sublime in the morning. A 10/10 as Zeno Marx would say. Maybe try the EMP for a 2nd bowl?
I love EMP

Good Afternoon my friends.
Well it's a beautiful day here in Blighty.
And at the risk of upsetting SturdyPapa, who I know despises these pipes 😉. I'm going to rotate through some falcons. Plugging them between St. Bruno and Condor, and maybe an ancient tin of Erinmore that I found at the back of a drawer, whilst looking for briar polish.
Have a great day my friends.
Those things might grow on me one day. But, until then I think the Terminator is missing some ribs. 😀

Last edited:
Todays tobacco lineup:
Samuel Gawith Chocolate Flake in my Savinelli 320 Mega. Not a fan, but it’s unique enough to keep my interest.
Solani Aged Burley Flake in my Kaywoodie 95B. Quality tobacco, but the new recipe has a spice I can’t put my finger on. Any ideas on what to blend it with to make it better?
Mac Baren Navy Flake in my Savinelli 320 Mega. Nice comforting flake tobacco.
I still miss my L.L. Bean billiard...dang tenon!

About a quarter of a bowl left of year 2013 Rotary Navy Cut in a post-1938 Pre-Republic Peterson Dublin straight smooth X155 bulldog with a sterling silver band and a tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem. Nigel Bruce smoked this model in two Sherlock Holmes movies. Please consider asking Smoking Pipes to bring back this model.
Peterson_PR_Bulldog_XL155.jpg

Historian David McCullough passed away yesterday at age 89. I read all of his books, and enjoyed meeting him some years back. RIP.

Smoking a new to me Bari Wiking freehand,one of two I received today from an e-bay purchase. These pipes are near new and could not have been smoked more than a half dozen times each. Smoking this one with MB Scottish blend and a decaf k-cup. Going in to see the Doctor tomorrow,neck pain is still very troublesome.

A quarter of the way through this bowl of year 2010 Mac Baren Burley London Blend in a smooth medium bend 2011 Rinaldo Collection Fiammata Silver Line 7 Odea 04 flame grain bulldog with a silver band and a tortoise shell acrylic saddle stem. Going to compare this to the newly released version.
Rinaldo Silver Line 7 Odea 04 bulldog .jpg