What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Morning everyone. Relaxing with CS Rivendell in a Pete xmas 2021 Deerstalker with morning coffee. Still tired from last nights fiasco. My "mug" isn't quite as big as EZs. It's a 12 oz travel mug that keeps my coffee hot to the last drop but I usually have 3, sometimes 4 every morning, lol. Zip, appreciate the offer but this was pretty much a one man show, sucked up maybe 25 gallons of water with the shop vac, then used our rug shampooer to suck the rugs dry as possible. EZ, no carpet as whole house is tile floor with area rugs everywhere. A lot of rugs, lol. Still have some clean up to do today. Had some ammo stored in my office closet. All the cardboard boxes got wet and fell apart so have to get new boxes and sort through the ammo. Appreciate the good thoughts from everyone. The good news is that it was just an inside line that burst. When I first walked in I thought OMG we have a roof leak as it had rained hard while I was at the gun club. Only silver linjng to the cloud. Sorry for the long post. Realize it's not about pipes and baccy but didn't think it was enough info for a separate post. Hope everyone is enjoying their pipes this am.

Close to finishing this bowl of year 2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Now smoking D&R Penhooker Silver in an undated, unbranded straight lattice meerschaum military mount with a silver cap and tapered yellow acrylic stem. Checking to see if I got the chocolate ghost out. First time smoking this pipe.
Unbranded MM meer.jpg

Now smoking D&R Penhooker Silver in an undated, unbranded straight lattice meerschaum military mount with a silver cap and tapered yellow acrylic stem. Checking to see if I got the chocolate ghost out. First time smoking this pipe.
View attachment 5670
The ghost is still there. The pipe goes to the "I don't smoke these pipes" drawer. Such a disappointment.

A quarter of the way through this bowl of first release Watch City Rhythm & Blues in a straight smooth brown 1920s-30s Sasieni patent 8 dot Marborough lovat with a black vulcanite saddle stem. This will get me to lunch time. Getting ready to watch the Mets beat the Reds.
Sasieni_8Dot_Lovat.jpg

Enjoyed a tasty cinnamon raisin French toast lunch (eight slices!) with a sliced peach on the side. I'm close to finishing this bowl of Seattle Pipe Club Deception Pass plug in a smooth straight brown late 1930s Linkman’s Dr. Grabow Deluxe Bruyere 9703B pot with a nickel accent and a black tapered vulcanite stem.
Linkman's_Dr. Grabow_Deluxe9703B_pot.jpg

Now smoking year 1997 PCCA Syrian Star in a brown medium bend 2002 Ser Jacopo Delecta Fatta A Mano R1 sandblast Rhodesian with a smooth extension at the shank with a military mount and a tapered black acrylic stem. Lavazza Espresso, neat, is my drink.
Ser_Jacopo_DelectaR1_rhodesian.jpg

No smoking tonight. Got home from the gun club at 4 to find the house half flooded. Broken supply line under the guest bathroom sink spewing like a waterfall. Took 3 hours to suck up the water, another 2 to vacuum the water out of the rugs and an hour to fix the broken line, new valve, etc. Tired as a dog, back aching, time to have a scotch and go to bed. Later, guys.
Ranger,
Sorry to hear about the calamity with the water supply line. I think we have all been in similar situations. Sounds like you took care of it quickly. How’d your dog fair in all the water? You deserve a good bowl of leaf after all of that work.

Last edited:
My Missus bless the ground she walks on. Has done it again, coming back from her weekly shop, she again came back with a little gift. Now I don't know anything about porcelain pipes, I don't even know if it's smokable, it looks like it's never been smoked. But can you imagine my surprise, when I looked at the two silver bands on the stem and base. To find the words Savinelli.
Darn I married a good un.
Are these pipes even smokable.
Have a great day everybody.
Zippo, That’s a cool find. Savinelli would have been my last guess on that pipe. You may have to caress that one too. Lol

In honour of Ranger visiting his gun club, and also because I'm English and we are all a little eccentric, and like quirky and bizarre things, I'm going to plug my smoking gun with some Garwith American V, and pull the trigger.
This pipe may look nuts, but it has a really nice briar bowl. And the gun is all vulcanite. And it smokes extremely well
Zippo, I remember seeing one of those in an antique shop in the early 1970’s. I want to say the made a Winchester rifle version too. Very cool piece of briar!

Good morning,
Smoking a Vauen Luxus bent pot with MB navy flakes and a Large mug of Starbucks Yukon coffee. We had a much needed rain storm here last night and the temps went down too.
Thinking of ordering a tin of MB no.1 Virginia, I smoke mostly aromatics,but occasionally like to try something different, I know that Jim`s review said it was good, If I recall correctly he gave it 3 stars. Anyone else like to chime in?
EZ, I’ve never smoked Mac no.1 Virginia but I’ve never heard any speak poorly of it.