What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Morning everyone, and starting off mine with some 8 o'clock Colombian with h&h. This is Chenet's Cake in the newish Savinelli 320 EX Trevi. View attachment 5683
Swede,
That looks like an advertisement for Savinelli. FYI...once you have a 320 don’t ever buy a 321. You will not be satisfied. Whatever a 321 can do, a 320 can do it better!

Today is a very sad day, i went to feed my red eared turtles and i saw my Packy like this:

fNkgzVA.jpg

At first glance everything looked normal, i tried to feed her (plus the male the Sporilos) but she wouldn't move. This wasn't her behaviour, she was very energetic and standing still is the worst sign.
Her name was ''Packy'' (from the Pac-Man) because was very gluttonous and the latest 10 years was in our house. Was in a big aquarium, fresh water-filter-vitamins-heat lamp-a bridge for standing to dry etc and she was growing with no problems, no sign that was ill or had any issues. And now this? Why? This is not a hibernation, this is sudden Death!
This was her last photo, she looks like is watching me waiting for her morning shrimps. We buried her outside, now Sporilos is alone and makes circles inside the aquarium seeking for his girlfriend.

gV6aZ3t.gif

I tried to smoke Cornell & Diehl Seersucker and drink some coffee but i stopped, no mood.
Sid, Sorry for your loss of Packy. I lost my Belgian Malinois of 12 1/2 years March 30th. It’s tough when you lose a beloved companion.

Finally got my hands on a MM Country Gent, with a bent stem. Trust me these pipes are harder to find here, than an honest politician. But I digress. I've been looking forward to trying a CG since I got bitten by my MMCC craze. So without further ado. I'm going to plug it with Century VC American Pipe. And maybe listen to Huck Finn on Audible.
Have a great day my friends.
Zip,
You go from one extreme to the other. Chrome to corn! Hahaha! Have a good one friend.

Smoking a Pete Christmas professor with Lane RLP-6 and a quick k-cup. Rained pretty good here for about an hour or so earlier this morning, I felt the arthritis kicking up in my back so I took a 2 hour nap.The rain ended and so did the pain.Right now it`s a sunny 82 degrees here.
EZ, When your back hurts, everything seems to hurt. Glad you are felling better buddy.

Morning everyone, and starting off mine with some 8 o'clock Colombian with h&h. This is Chenet's Cake in the newish Savinelli 320 EX Trevi. View attachment 5683
So...Your "local" will let you smoke outside and the lager is "ice cold??" I need to get back over to the Mother Country and check this out!!!!! I thought both were outlawed in England!!!! FTRPLT
I remember smoking insiide the pubs when I was there. DO NOT remembet any old beer, lol.

Meant cold, not old, lol. My new 320EX came today. Breaking it in with CH. Crown Royal on the side. 74 and light rain. Quite pleasant on the patio pre dinner. Had this earlier. Double rainbow. Wow 2 pots of gold.

Attachments

• 20220811_190610.jpg
    20220811_190610.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20220811-183154_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220811-183154_Gallery.jpg
    692.9 KB · Views: 0
Swede,
That looks like an advertisement for Savinelli. FYI...once you have a 320 don’t ever buy a 321. You will not be satisfied. Whatever a 321 can do, a 320 can do it better!
Well, I have to say this is one sweet pipe. I'm more than happy with Savinelli and Laudisi from whom I bought it. Had to do a DGT right now on this morning's bowl and the Chenet's Cake is quite strong kinda kicking me on a night cap now. That nic hit is strong but still enjoyable and watching a full moon is icing on the cake-no pun intended. Planning on setting out some Burley Morning Pipe to dry for tomorrow's first bowl.

Last edited:
Half way through this bowl of year 2016 Peter Heinrichs Dark Strong Kentucky in an undated family era Sasieni Natural Four Dot Grosvenor smooth medium brown quarter bend bulldog with a black tapered vulcanite stem.
SasieniNatural4Dot_Grosvenor.jpg

So...Your "local" will let you smoke outside and the lager is "ice cold??" I need to get back over to the Mother Country and check this out!!!!! I thought both were outlawed in England!!!! FTRPLT
No Ftr. Smoking for now, outside at least, is still allowed, pubs will have Smoking areas put aside for people to enjoy the the delights of tobacco. Lager is always sold ice cold, or it simply won't get bought. The conception that British beer is warm, only holds true for True Ale drinkers. Who are a weird lot and prefer thier beer at room temperature.
Hope that helps mate.
Have a great day.

Morning everyone. About to have my first smoke of the day. And its 12.25 pm here, im well late. So my apologies to the tobacco industry, for being responsible for their falling profits 🤣.
About to spark up a Petersons plugged with Charatans First Bowl. Yorkshire tea is my drink of choice.
Have a great day my friends, wherever you may be. And stay safe.

Attachments

• 20220812_120718.jpg
    20220812_120718.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Morning everyone. About to have my first smoke of the day. And its 12.25 pm here, im well late. So my apologies to the tobacco industry, for being responsible for their falling profits 🤣.
About to spark up a Petersons plugged with Charatans First Bowl. Yorkshire tea is my drink of choice.
Have a great day my friends, wherever you may be. And stay safe.
I was just wondering about drinking hot tea abd smoking a pipe with it. I like strong black tea myself, and have enjoyed Yorkshire, Typhoo, and even Barry's. In the southern US summers, it's so hot I scale back and drink mostly coffee and "sweet tea" iced around here. Have a great day and take care BoB.

Meant cold, not old, lol. My new 320EX came today. Breaking it in with CH. Crown Royal on the side. 74 and light rain. Quite pleasant on the patio pre dinner. Had this earlier. Double rainbow. Wow 2 pots of gold.
New pipe looks awesome Ranger Buddy, enjoy. Most beer in England is quite warm. Room temp at least, and not to my taste. That's why I drink lager it's served ice cold.

I was just wondering about drinking hot tea abd smoking a pipe with it. I like strong black tea myself, and have enjoyed Yorkshire, Typhoo, and even Barry's. In the southern US summers, it's so hot I scale back and drink mostly coffee and "sweet tea" iced around here. Have a great day and take care BoB.
I like coffee just fine, and nothing smells better in the morning than a brewing pot, but I do limit myself to one or two cups, (not buckets like Ezo has) but I am mainly a tea drinker. And a pipe and Cup of Yorkshire Tea is heaven.