What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just finished smoking year 2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Enjoyed five freshly made egg, ham and cheese biscuits with a strawberry muffin for dessert. I'm half way through the last of this tin of year 2013 Rotary Navy Cut in a post-1938 Pre-Republic Peterson Dublin straight smooth X155 bulldog with a sterling silver band and a tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem. Nigel Bruce smoked this model in two Sherlock Holmes movies. Please consider asking Smoking Pipes to bring back this model. Lavazza Espresso, neat, is my drink.
Peterson_PR_Bulldog_XL155.jpg

A third of the way through this bowl of Erik Stokkebye 4th Generation Evening Flake in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson Ebony POTY 4AB No. 422/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem.
4AB_Ebony.jpg

Now smoking KBV Acadian Flek beta test in a medium bend fumed tan crackled year 2020 Ahmet Govem reverse calabash meerschaum with a military mount silver band and black acrylic stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Working on a review of this blend.
Ahmet Govem reverse calabash meer.jpg

Almost half way through this bowl of aged Rattrays Hal O’ The Wynd in a straight smooth brown pre-1952 (Comoy’s) Corinthian De-Luxe 126 pot made for Sutliff in San Francisco with a black tapered vulcanite stem. Watching the second game of the double header between the Braves and Marlins. Going to clean a few pipes. I have been cleaning estate pipes today.
Comoy's_CorinthianDe-Luxe_Sutliff126 pot .jpg

Busy workday, but I was still able to fit in three bowls of tobacco. Mac Baren Burley London Blend in my Castello K31 Trademark. Peter Stokebye Cube Cut in my Castello 31 Trademark KKKK. End of the work day-week smoke was another bowl of PS Cube Cut in my Peterson Ashford XL90. I guess you guys can tell I really like this Cube Cut. The key is to scoop and add fire. Tamping just cuts down the airflow. Everyone have a great night.

Now smoking year 2020 Peter Heinrichs Golden Sliced in a pre-1940s straight smooth brown Sutliff St. James (Comoy’s) spiral billiard with a tapered black vulcanite stem. First time smoking this pipe.
View attachment 5732
Hey Jim, Nice looking pipe. It reminds me of a Dunhill Beehive billiard.

Morning everyone. CS Figgy Pudding in the Don Carlos bent brandy with a big mug of costa rican coffee strong and black. Had planned to go ride Deep Well Ranch today but rain predicted by 9am. No fun riding in rain regardless of what they show on Rawhide, lol.
Ranger, Ain’t nothing better than riding in the rain. You get to clean out all four frogs, squeegee the horse, and oil soap the leather gear! Lol. Been there and done that.

After a wonderful early dinner of split pea soup and half of a mashed up baked potato, moving on with my quest. Watch City Terrapin Station in a Nording grade 2 freehand. Haven't smoked this in well over a year. Port wine on the side.
Ranger, I’ve got a Nording Extra grade 1 that is beautiful, but the chamber is too small and the dang thing weighs 86 grams. It doesn’t get smoked much either.

Last edited:
Good Afternoon Friends.
Darn it's another hot one in Merry olde England. We ain't designed to tolerate this kinda weather.
I broke the original stem on this pipe a few years ago. But the replacement I use for it, works just fine. And so I'm going to plug my 1911 W.H. Carrington Calabash, with some Samuel Gawith Squadron Leader. And peruse AC Units online.
Have a great day everybody
Zip, Brother you can come up with some pipes! When you are through smoking that piece you can get a job on that Ricola Cough Drop commercial. The one where the guy is blowing his horn across the Alps. Ri...col...aaa... Hahaha 🤣