What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not far from finishing this bowl of year 2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Watching Mad Dog Russo.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

79° and cloudy. Dunhill Shell billiard w/ C&D Byzantine + some jar remnants of Luxury Navy Flake. This tobacco needed something else, and this continues to work for me. A very nice, deep blast on this pipe and a smoothed out feel, as is common with old Shells that have been handled and smoked a lot. 8/10.

This Dunhill was a gift a very long time ago. Part of the bowl had been cracked off (still had the piece though), and the shank was split. I never got the story on what happened to this pipe, because I thought it was going to go out of their box of junk and into my box of junk. I didn't think I was going to smoke it, and by the time I realized its virtues, I'd lost touch with the gifter. The bowl was repaired with Elmer's Wood Glue, and the shank was given a silver band. After hasty repair, it was going to be my backpacking pipe, and it basically remained such for many years. As with 95% of the Dunhill Shells I've owned, this thing has always been a great smoker. I wouldn't have any problems, except that they're out of my price range, with having a collection of Shells to smoke. They're second only to my favorite Italian maker in consistency of performance. You can count on a Shell. I don't backpack much anymore, so this pipe doesn't receive the attention it deserves. That's going to change.

Passing the quarter mark on this bowl of year 2016 Sutliff 507-C Slices in a straight smooth brown post-WW2? (GBD) Rozier San Francisco 9240 squat bulldog with a black vulcanite saddle stem. First time smoking this pipe. Wish I could determine when it was made. Anyway, I decided that since I've smoked bulldogs and Rhodesians today, I will continue the trend this evening.
GBD_Rozier_San Francisco9240_squat_bulldog.jpg

Smoking a De Paja bent brandy with MB 7 Seas regular and a Pete's dark roast k-cup. Waiting for pain meds to kick in as my back is hurting pretty badly... My wife strongly suggested that we have someone come in and finish powerwashing the rest of the house,the way I feel I could not really argue too much. Its sad when you just cant do what you used to do.

Smoking a De Paja bent brandy with MB 7 Seas regular and a Pete's dark roast k-cup. Waiting for pain meds to kick in as my back is hurting pretty badly... My wife strongly suggested that we have someone come in and finish powerwashing the rest of the house,the way I feel I could not really argue too much. Its sad when you just cant do what you used to do.
I can vouch for that buddy

Quest on. CS Rivendell in a Stanwell year 2000 POTY, a half bent blasted dublin with plateau top. Good smoker but rather smallish bowl. Never get more than 30 to 40 minute smoke. Tazo orange tea to pair. Light sprinkling rain. Cool and rather pleasant. Ez, sorry about your pain man. Yep, hire someone, lol.

Almost finished smoking Wilke Wall Street in a 2013 straight black sandblasted Peterson Sherlock Holmes Series Baker Street with a sterling silver band and a tapered black vulcanite fish tail stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Watching the Braves-Mets game and doing a little pipe research.
Peterson Sherlock Holmes Baker Street.jpg

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, rainbow trout and snow peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. I'm half way through this bowl of year 2014 Dan Tobacco Hamborger Veermaster in a smooth straight brown 1950 Dunhill 48 bulldog group 4 root briar with a black vulcanite fish tail saddle stem. Going to continue smoking bulldogs and Rhodesians tonight. Ice water and floaty li'l icebergs is my drink.
Dunhill_1950_root-bulldog48.jpg