What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pre dinner smoke of 4 Noggins Bald Headed Teacher in a Pete Rosslare bent apple. My version of long Island Iced Tea on the side. Just do not get the rave reviews on tobacco. I must be smoking something else or they have changed the blend. I'm finding it kind of hot, bitey and wet. It definitely doesn't like this pipe. Oh well, came as a gift with my Sav 320EX so at least I didn't pay for it, lol.

A couple of minutes away from smoking year 2012 Rolando’s Own in a smooth straight early ‘60s Lane era “William Conrad” Charatan Executive Extra Large stretch apple with diagonal channel cuts on the lower right and left of the bowl along with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem.
Conrad_apple-thumbnail copy.jpg

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, freshly made Shepard's pie and a big slice of freshly made triple chocolate cake for dessert. Guess I'll be dieting for a few days. :) I'm a third of the way through this bowl of year 2016 Peter Stokkebye Luxury Navy Flake in a straight smooth brown post-1964 Parker Super Bruyere 88/F group 3 bulldog with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Watching the Braves-Cardinals game.
1964on_Parker_SB_88_group 3 bulldog.jpg

Close to finishing this bowl of year 2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Watching Mad Dog Russo.
View attachment 5898
I am smoking a great pipe from.a shop in the Ukraine mailed to me at no shopping cost. Smoking Captain Black original while sipping on a Keurig Chai Latte with a jigger of GentlemanJack.for added flavor and pleasure.

Smoking a new to me Bertram slightly bent bulldog ,Grade 60 with MB Navy flake and a Martinson k-cup.
Jim, Do you know anything about the grades of Bertram pipes ? Before I bought this one, I saw a few grades of 5-25 on e-bay, I only bought this one because I am a sucker for bent bulldogs,the seller never mentioned it was a grade 60.
Did I get lucky here?

Smoking a new to me Bertram slightly bent bulldog ,Grade 60 with MB Navy flake and a Martinson k-cup.
Jim, Do you know anything about the grades of Bertram pipes ? Before I bought this one, I saw a few grades of 5-25 on e-bay, I only bought this one because I am a sucker for bent bulldogs,the seller never mentioned it was a grade 60.
Did I get lucky here?
Taken from pipedia.
Their pipes seem have been graded by a numbering system, i.e. 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, etc., with the higher numbers being more desirable. The grading system also indicated the price for which it was to be sold. A '10' sold for $1.00, a '20' for $2.00, and so on.

Enjoyed a tasty cinnamon raisin French toast lunch with peach slices on the side. I'm half way through this bowl of year 2016 Stonehaven in a straight black sandblasted 1957 Barling Exel 249 Fossil T.V.F. black billiard with a silver banded military mount and a black ebonite tapered stem. Magnum Coffee Roastery Jamaican Blue Mountain, neat, is my drink.
Barling_249.jpg

Did I get lucky here?
Zippo already answered your question. Yes, you did get lucky. Congrats to you. I have six Bertrams, and I recommend them not just for their smoking quality, but they aren't very expensive on the secondary market.

If you can manage it, I'd like to see the pipe.

Here's the unsmoked ones I plan to break in as soon as I figure out what genre to smoke in them:

08 Dublin.
Bertram_08 dublin.jpg

105 Bulldog.
Bertram_105_bulldog.jpg

07 Author.
Bertram_07_author.jpg

No number on this one.
Bertram_squash_ringless_bd.jpg

You've probably seen this 60 bulldog before. Great smoker.
Bertram 60 squat bulldog.jpg