What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My go to Urban Cowboy in the Don Carlos bent dublin. On my second mug of coffee already. Just found out they are having a drag show at the Elks Theater in downtown Prescott. I'm not intolerant and really don't care, I just can't wrap my head around the fact that it is happening here in cowboy country.
I’m assuming no really fast vehicles are involved in that show. Damn shame!

About a quarter of a bowl left of first release Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
4AB_Nat_left.jpg

Playing ball with the family Boykin Spaniel, and finishing the Sutliff Whimsical from this am. Next up is Night Train in a Savinelli Trevi 320EX. It's odd, but that doesn't kick me in the pants like the Chenet's Cake. Maybe it's the aging on that one. Temps cooling down, so if darkness falls, it may be time to get the old Dietz lantern out. Fall is in the air!

A quarter of the way through this bowl of Jim's Va/Bur #2 in a 1986 full bend pebble relief Aldo Velani Titan 33 briar Hungarian/Calabash with a black acrylic tapered stem that has a briar accent. Listening to the Braves-Phillies game on the XM since our local Fox channel blocked them out.
Aldo_Velani_Titan33.jpg

Last edited:
A quarter of the way through this bowl of Jim's Va/Bur #2 in a 1986 full bend pebble relief Aldo Velani Titan 33 briar Hungarian/Calabash with a black acrylic tapered stem that has a briar accent. Listening to the Braves-Phillies game in the XM since our local Fox channel blocked them out.
View attachment 6253
Jim’s going old school. Listening to the radio and smoking a pipe. That’s a Norman Rockwell moment. 😀

Last of the Crumble Kake until I decide to pop the other tin. In a Pete system B42 smooth apple. Kilt Lifter ale on the side. Rain about to start here. Lots of thunder and black clouds.
Ranger, Make sure don’t smoke Bald Headed Teacher while your drinking Kilt Lifter. School board may not approve. 😂

Groundhog Day here in Virginia. Smoking the same old thing in the same old pipes today. PS Luxury Navy-Twist Flake in my Castello 31 Trademark KKKK. WCC Waltham Broken Cake in the Peterson Ashford XL90. Both are fine smokes. I picked up a new pipe today, but it’s so pretty I can‘t bring myself to smoke it...yet. Do you guys have the same problem with a new pipe? I have to admire the workmanship for a while. Sometimes it takes me a few months. I think it’s OCD combined with PAD/TAD. 😂
9C8A5A7C-E8BF-48DB-9546-FC127E7612B8.jpeg
A2310B7D-93B3-4794-A964-D0AD9423B906.jpeg

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, chicken legs and green beans dinner with a small scoop of vanilla bean ice cream for dessert. I'm not far from finishing this bowl of year 2016 Stonehaven in a straight black sandblasted 1957 Barling Exel 249 Fossil T.V.F. black billiard with a silver banded military mount and a black ebonite tapered stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Barling_249.jpg

Groundhog Day here in Virginia. Smoking the same old thing in the same old pipes today. PS Luxury Navy-Twist Flake in my Castello 31 Trademark KKKK. WCC Waltham Broken Cake in the Peterson Ashford XL90. Both are fine smokes. I picked up a new pipe today, but it’s so pretty I can‘t bring myself to smoke it...yet. Do you guys have the same problem with a new pipe? I have to admire the workmanship for a while. Sometimes it takes me a few months. I think it’s OCD combined with PAD/TAD. 😂View attachment 6258View attachment 6259
I smoke new ones as soon as I can figure out what to smoke in them. That's the only thing that ever holds me back. Man, I still have pre-WW2 pipes cleaned and waiting on me to make up my mind.

Jim’s going old school. Listening to the radio and smoking a pipe. That’s a Norman Rockwell moment. 😀
There wasn't much baseball broadcast on TV when I was young. I grew up listening to baseball on the radio. When I'm working, I listen to games, news, music, and old radio shows on the XM, too. I listen when I do walking reps, too.

About a quarter of a bowl left of Pfeifen Huber Virginia Golden Flake in a 1938 smooth straight brown patent Dunhill R 115 bowling ball apple with a tapered cumberland stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink.
Dunhill_1938_bowling-Left.jpg

About a quarter of a bowl left of Pfeifen Huber Virginia Golden Flake in a 1938 smooth straight brown patent Dunhill R 115 bowling ball apple with a tapered cumberland stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink.
View attachment 6263
Jim, Dunhill did a superb job with that pipe. At first glance it looks like a briar stem. Cumberland/Briar matches perfectly!