What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and am a quarter of the way through this bowl of several years old Dunhill Elizabethan in a straight smooth, dark brown patent era 1952 Dunhill Bruyere ODA apple 806 B124 with a black vulcanite tapered stem. Larry's El Salvador Dali, neat, is my drink. Watching Mad Dog Russo.
Dunhill_1952Apple_ODA_Bruyere_806 B124.jpg

John Patton Storm Front in a Parker Campaign churchwarden. I found something on the marks for Parker that make it possible this is from 1945. Mine has a date code 20, and it's amazing the shape this is in if true. You can still see a little lava on the rim. For Ranger107, it can be rested upon the knee, but needs a little contortion :) . Much more comfortable resting upon my diaphragm. I can now see how these are good for smoking while reading. Having this with Typhoo extra strong tea milk and honey plus carrot cake, and a little reading...
20220927_130438.jpg
20220927_125745.jpg

Last edited:
Almost half way through this bowl of year 2012 Anniversary Kake in a smooth medium bend 1980 Century 100 Year Old Briar (GBD second) natural chubby egg with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Bought this at my local Tinderbox in 1980 for $16.95. I used to smoke it a lot back then, but not in the last number of years, so I thought I do a revisit for old times sake. It's actually a pretty good smoker.
Century (GBD).jpg

A quarter of the way through this bowl of C&D Yorktown in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Terracotta 4AB No.108/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
4AB-TC_left2.jpg

Another beautiful 73° day and still tinkering around with the Virginia’s.
50/50 Mixture of the following:

Stokkebye’s Luxury Navy Flake & Luxury Twist Flake. (Castello K31 Trademark)
Newminster Superior Navy Flake & Luxury Twist Flake. (Peterson Ashford XL90)
***I’m starting to really like this stuff and I’ve never been excited over OGS style tobacco. Nice simple all day smokes.

End of the workday “reward” smoke. Watch City Cigars Waltham Broken Cake. (Castello 31Trademark KKKK)
Great burley tobacco that I want to chain smoke until I break a sweat, turn green, and fall down. 🤢...😂

Zippo, lie in my ass. Was out checking the herd at daybreak, lol. But thanks for getting the coffee on. Sturdy, I get it partner. While I admire dressage folks and their finesse while riding, I've never thought of draft horses as a dressage breed. Posting on Kahlia would be like popping up and down in a recliner while smoking, lol. My idea of a professional horseman would be the pickup riders in a rodeo or someone like Buck Brannaman, inspiration for the movie "The Horse Whisperer".
Rodeo cowboys are a different breed, especially the bull riders. That kind of fun will get you killed.
Did you ever watch anyone ride a draft mule? They are very cool. Yeah, dressage with a draft horse is like ballet for a sumo wrestler. Archimedes wasn’t used for that! Lol.

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, steel head trout and sugar snap peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. I've about a quarter of a bowl left of C&D Warped: Scarecrow 2022 in a 2002 IMP smooth full bend egg shaped meer with a black acrylic stem. I'm writing a review of this year's version.
IMP_2002_Egg.jpg

Closing in on the half way mark of this bowl of year 2022 Peter Heinrichs Curly Cut in the first pipe Trever Talbot made when he went to France many years ago. It's a smooth straight Algerian briar Lumberman with a long shank and a black vulcanite saddle stem, unbranded.
Trevor_Talbert_Lumberman#2.jpg

Rodeo cowboys are a different breed, especially the bull riders. That kind of fun will get you killed.
Did you ever watch anyone ride a draft mule? They are very cool. Yeah, dressage with a draft horse is like ballet for a sumo wrestler. Archimedes wasn’t used for that! Lol.
If not killed, at least broken up in a lot of places. Did it for about 3 years. Wife convinced me to give it up thank God or I would be a lot worse off than I am, lol.

If not killed, at least broken up in a lot of places. Did it for about 3 years. Wife convinced me to give it up thank God or I would be a lot worse off than I am, lol.
My near death experience was mucking out a German Warmbloods stall. I figured out really quick you don’t try to rake out the wet shavings with him still in there. He was as temperamental as a mare at feeding time. I climbed the stall walls to get away! Inebriated bareback riding doesn’t end well either. When someone describes a tobacco tasting like earth, I know what earth tastes like on impact. Lol.

Enjoyed a tasty Jazz apple, and am almost a third of the way through this bowl of year 2016 Stonehaven in a straight black sandblasted 1957 Barling Exel 249 Fossil T.V.F. black billiard with a silver banded military mount and a black ebonite tapered stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink. Watching a documentary about the two princes who died in The Tower of London.
Barling_249.jpg