What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not far from finishing this bowl of year 2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

As promised, CS Figgy Pudding in a Pete 2021 Xmas Deerstalker. Only half a bowl as dinner guests expected shortly but I will take what I can get. Lol.

Hey Jim, If you're not gonna smoke the BS, feel free to send a couple my way, lol. How old are they? The original BSOSM was my go to in college back in the early 70s.
They are from 2013 when Sobranie was re-released. Just terrible stuff. When I see tins going for $45 a tin and higher, I think about selling them. The old stuff was great, even when they changed the formula, which they did three times during years I smoked it: 1982-2005.

Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and am nearing the half way mark on this bowl of first release Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. King David Coffee Fog Lifter, neat, is my drink. An excellent, mostly smooth, rich Columbian coffee.
4AB_Nat_left.jpg

They are from 2013 when Sobranie was re-released. Just terrible stuff. When I see tins going for $45 a tin and higher, I think about selling them. The old stuff was great, even when they changed the formula, which they did three times during years I smoked it: 1982-2005.
Guess you should keep it then. Don't want to ruin my memories if how great it was back in the early 70s.

Smoking some Lane MV-1000 in a French Jeantet bent apple with a mug of decaf coffee,probably the last smoke of the day. Earlier today I tried the Velvet in a Pete XL02, to be honest I really did not have high expectations. I was pleasantly surprised! It was a smooth,mellow smoke right to the bottom of the bowl. It has some sweetness to it, but it`s not overdone.

Guess you should keep it then. Don't want to ruin my memories if how great it was back in the early 70s.
You truly don't. I was seldom ever disappointed in a re-release as much as I was in this one. Three Nuns and Dunhill Elizabethan were two others, and they weren't as bad as that Sobranie was. It's very grassy with less perique and Orientals. No multiplicity of flavors like what we smoked in the old days.

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, chicken legs and sugar snap peas dinner with cherries for dessert. I'm a quarter of the way through this bowl of year 2014 Full Virginia Flake in a straight 1968 Dunhill Shell bulldog with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Watching an episode of Nature on PBS.
Dunhill_1968Bulldog.jpg

Good morning. Starting off the day with a decaf black coffee and a light vanilla aromatic, the 1917 blend from John Dengler Tobacconist in a Peterson Kapet 87 (straight, sandblasted apple). No idea how old the pipe is, it's the one hand-me-down in my collection from the old family friend who got me into smoking in the first place.

Morning everyone. Starting with CS Rivendell in a Butz Choquin magnum bent brandy. Big mug of Costa Rican coffee on the side. Another gorgeous sunrise but didn't get any pics. No birdies yet either EZ, but then sun just tipping the horizon. Gonna hit 60 today, yay. Have a great day BoBs. Zippo, how about checking in buddy. Let us know how you're doing.

Smoking a Custombilt Oom-Paul with Lane BCA and another mug of CR coffee. Looking into buying a new Pete 107 arklow. Anyone have any opinions on this pipe? Appears to be a Larger billiard... arklow is a line of pipes that I have no experience with!

Wanted more burley but with a bit more oomph. So it's Billy Budd in a Pete system B42. I really like this blend. Usually have it later in the day or evening with a good beer, but as an occasional morning smoke it hits the spot. Some say they can't taste the burley, but I do. The Latakia and cigar leaf are noticeable but not overwhelming. My taste buds are not as refined as our colleague Jiminks, so don't always get the nuances, I just know I like it, lol.