What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Smoking my brown jima and a bit of Sillems red gezzz I love them both. I would be getting more of these pipes when they come up for sale love em. The only straight ? billiard ? pipe I really love smoking.

https://pipedia.org/wiki/Jima

Attachments

• 1678526456104.png
    1678526456104.png
    499.9 KB · Views: 0
Passing the half way mark on this bowl of year 2014 Edgeworth Ready Rubbed Match in a 2002 smooth top, black sandblasted quarter bend military mount Karl Erik Ekstravagant horn with a horn insert in the ferrule and black acrylic stem. I'll end the day with this smoke.
Karl_Erik_horn.jpg

Good morning BoBs. Breaking in my new to me Calabresi which arrived yesterday with CH. With morning CR coffee. I guess this would be called a bent brandy. Was sold as used but didn't appear to be smoked very much. No cake to speak of. I didn't expect much for $17 but it seems ms to be smoking pretty well. Only annoying issue is the stem has a slight downward can't. Never had a pipe with this problem before. It's an acrylic stem and in good shape. Can an acrylic stem be bent? If so, how? Heat gun? Put in microwave? Appreciate any advice. Have a great day my friends.

Attachments

• 20230311_072657.jpg
    20230311_072657.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230311_072705.jpg
    20230311_072705.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
Good morning BoBs. Breaking in my new to me Calabresi which arrived yesterday with CH. With morning CR coffee. I guess this would be called a bent brandy. Was sold as used but didn't appear to be smoked very much. No cake to speak of. I didn't expect much for $17 but it seems ms to be smoking pretty well. Only annoying issue is the stem has a slight downward can't. Never had a pipe with this problem before. It's an acrylic stem and in good shape. Can an acrylic stem be bent? If so, how? Heat gun? Put in microwave? Appreciate any advice. Have a great day my friends.
Bali has already covered it Buddy, but I used a heat gun on a stem with the same problem. And a nail file in the air slot to straighten. Nice looking pipe all the same 👌

SG St. James Flake in a Peterson 302. Dried this 3-4 hours but it was still moist and flexible, so stuffed into the bowl with Peterson packing method. I'm getting the best smoke of this blend that I remember. It is producing moisture in the system well, so guess that would have just come with the smoke in an ordinary pipe. At least I can sop it out and go on. Gives me more time to think. Also using a softy on the stem p-lip.

GH Black Twist in a Vauen bent billiard. As a vegetarian, this may be the closest I've come to eating meat in a few years. I can't believe how literal the reviews were that describe the taste as well-done steak. Leaves a mean, wicked ghost in the pipe that makes any subsequent blend taste... Beefy.

I both love the taste, and also find it cloying and overbearing. One of those blends I thoroughly enjoyed and will also probably rarely smoke.

In its favor: this is the single coolest burning least bitey smoke Ive ever tried by a big wide margin. It's just short of unbelievable how silky, rich, and nonirritating the smoke is.

A different "take" for me this morning! Realized I had left two pipes halfway filled with tobacco on the shelf!! One (a large Barling Vintage apple; the other a Cavicchi C. 3C diamond-shanked straight-grained Dublin) filled with 2008 Margate; the other with 2022 Father Dempsey. As my morning routine usually calls for Burley or Ginnyweed; I opted to fill both with some 2015 "Gatlin-Burley!" Both were great smokes!! Can't say enough about the "Gatlin-Burley!" A superb Burley!! You Burley lovers should try it!! FTRPLT

Enjoyed eight slices of cinnamon raisin French toast with a navel orange and a bunch of peanuts on the side. I've a third of a bowl left of Wilke Royal Admiral #1 in an undated, unbranded, slight bend smooth darker brown made in France Los Alton VBF zulu with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Larry's El Salvador Dali, neat, is my drink. Watching an episode of McCloud.
France_zulu.jpg

Buenos días Bobs. Rompiendo en mi nuevo para mí Calabresi que llegó ayer con CH. Con café CR de la mañana. Supongo que esto se llamaría un brandy doblado. Se vendió como usado pero no parecía que se fumara mucho. No hay pastel para hablar. No esperaba mucho por $ 17, pero parece que está fumando bastante bien. El único problema molesto es que el vástago tiene una ligera inclinación hacia abajo. Nunca antes había tenido una tubería con este problema. Es un tallo acrílico y en buen estado. ¿Se puede doblar un vástago acrílico? ¿Si es así, cómo? ¿Pistola de calor? ¿Poner en microondas? Agradezco cualquier consejo. Que tengan un gran día mis amigos.
Como si fuese de ebonita, con pistola de calor pero no muy caliente