What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Smoking some Carter Hall in an Edward's Pot-shaped Algerian briar.
Edward-s-Pipe-003.jpg

Just finished smoking Wilke No. 515 Double Shot in a smooth dark medium bend 2021 Peterson Heritage Brown POTY 4AB No. 45/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. This is No. 515 with twice the rum of the Basil Rathbone blend.
4AB_Brown-left.jpg

Jim,
I'm so glad you asked Sutliffs to save this wonderful masterpiece. I've introduced four pipe smokers to this blend and they absolutely love it. It was my first blend I tried with Latakia. The Artful Codgers video about this blend is what inspired me to try it probably around five years ago. I like it on its own but I do like it the way Shelby Foote made it. Thanks to you I've gotten the components down, I read one of your forums on Pipe Smoker's Magazine web page. Have a great day Sir!
I thank you for all the kind words, Ralph. I have smoked Foote's last version, which was 2/3 EGR and 1/3 Barking Dog, and liked it, but I prefer EGR on its own. I am pleased you turned others on to the blend. Keep smoking, and please post a smoke or two here. We would like to see more of you.

Btw, I'm originally from Pennsylvania.:)

A quarter of the way through this bowl of Prince Albert in a straight smooth walnut 1927 KBB Kaywoodie Drinkless 86 dublin with a tapered black vulcanite stem. This model was only made in 1927. I'll end the day with this smoke.
Kaywoodie_Dublin 86_1927.jpg

Good Morning!
Spring has sprung! This morning I'm finishing last night's Kensington and I've packed an MM Apple Diplomat with Drucquer Levant to directly follow and have ready for my return trip to the doctor. It's time for my yearly physical. I'll bring him a dozen eggs as a reminder of the other payments accepted for services in days gone by.

Good morning everyone. My go to Urban Cowboy in the Don Carlos bent dublin with a big mug of Costa Rican coffee and a crumpet, or cookie as we call them over here, lol. Up early this morning. Birdies must be sleeping in. Wife has hair appointment this morning then heading out to the ranch at noon. Bali, hope your physical goes well. Have a great day guys.

Back from the doctor, the eggs went right into his refrigerator! Blood pressure is borderline high we'll see how the blood tests come back. I gave him some of my genetic families background which explains my arterial issues. We'll meet again in 6 months. Now that I can relax I'm puffing on a Rob Roy Let Freedom Ring filled with Kensington. I'll be setting up an incubator for turkey eggs this afternoon!

Nearing the half way mark on this bowl of year 2016 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Watching Mad Dog Russo.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

HH Anniversary Flake from Carl at Ye Olde Pipe Shop Jackson TN. He had a table at Muletown and invited me to fill a bowl. I did and just got around to smoking it. This pipe shop is one I wouldn't pass by if on I-40 West between Memphis and Nashville. Last time I was there I bought SG St. James Flake. They have house blends too, of course. Using my Savinelli Trevi 320EX.

Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and am passing the quarter mark on this bowl of year 2014 Sutliff 1849 in a medium bend smooth dark brown 1968 Barling 5631 London England TVF billiard silver spigot with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Lavazza Perfetto, neat, is my drink.
Barling_Spigot_1849.jpg