What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now smoking year 2013 Stonehaven in a 2002 medium bend smooth brown Rinaldo EGEA 03 Silver line spigot 10 with a black acrylic saddle stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Rinaldo EGEA 03 Silver line spigot 10.jpg

Back from the ranch. Smoking C&D Billy Budd in a Pete Xmas 2021 Deerstalker. Orange spice tea on the side. Turned out to be a really nice day. Sunny 65 with a slight breeze.
Bali, I notice the Charring Cross seems to smoke a bit hot in a briar. Have you noticed that or have you only had it in cobs? I prefer the Kensington over the Charring Cross.

I notice the Charring Cross seems to smoke a bit hot in a briar. Have you noticed that or have you only had it in cobs? I prefer the Kensington over the Charring Cross.
I haven't smoked in my briars consistently in quite a while so I can't say. I too prefer Kensington as a repeat blend. I started with English/Balkans a little over ten years ago when I got tired of looking at the tin of EMP I bought by mistake. It blew me away and became my morning tobacco and London Mixture beat out everything else I tried to become my anytime smoke. When Dunhill became Peterson and London was dropped I began another search. What I've found so far is that either Charring Cross or Drucquer Levant are a good first pipe of the day and Kensington is better than London Mixture. My next step will be matching them up with briars which could take time considering I took down most/all of the cake before resting them for a few years.

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, chicken legs and snow peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. I'm nearing the half way mark on this bowl of Sutliff Presbyterian Ordained in a straight smooth brown 2017 unbranded Upshall Canadian with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Going to brew some Community Coffee soon, and getting ready to clean a few pipes.
James Upshall_Unbranded.jpg

Moving on to Kendal Kentucky in a Vauen quarter bent billiard.

Watch City's Original Crumb Cut is not working out for me. No matter how I pack it or how much I dry it, I cannot get this stuff to take a light at all. Anybody that has smoked this blend successfully -- what am I doing wrong? Must be me, because other people seem to like it. I don't normally have issues packing and lighting cube cuts.