What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and smoked a bowl of year 2012 Rolando’s Own in a smooth straight early ‘60s Lane era “William Conrad” Charatan Executive Extra Large stretch apple with diagonal channel cuts on the lower right and left of the bowl along with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. Gold Star Nighwish, neat, is my drink.
Conrad_apple-thumbnail copy.jpg

Good afternoon BoBs. Back from the ranch. Rode Cochise for about 30 minutes. Started out a little stubborn but settled down right away. Can't wait to get back out on the trails. Had a nice light lunch of tuna and tomatoes. Now copying Bali, sort of, lol. Smoking Drucquer Levant in a 70 series Joby Danske grade 2 freehand. Sort of a bent dublin with plateau top. Good smoker. Must have been some good briar as it's light as a piece of balsa wood. Orange spice tea on the side. Gotta head in soon to get cleaned up for the Derby party.

Attachments

• 20230506_140215.jpg
    20230506_140215.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
Enjoying a bowl of Autumn Evening in a MM Cobbit, before I finish getting ready for my daughter's wedding. Usually I load my pipes very methodically at the kitchen table. This time I'm in a hurry and did it on my lap right out if the jar sitting outside. Best smoke ever, for some reason.
Many years ago, my friend's pipe smoking grandfather took it upon himself to explain the ins and outs of pipe smoking to us in an effort to convince us to drop the cigarettes.

His best advice about packing a bowl was "the less you think about it, the better it'll smoke". I've always found this to be true.

These days I just grab loose wads of tobacco and shove them in the pipe until it's about full. Works far better for me than all those fancy "packing methods" floating around the internet.

Close to finishing this bowl of Kohlhase & Kopp Winter Time 2021 in a 1975 medium bend sandblasted looking, smooth on the sides yellow Pioneer meer billiard with a black ferrule and vulcanite stem in the military mount style. Close to finishing the review as well.
Pioneer meer billiard .jpg

A third of the way through this bowl of Sutliff Paradoxical (Signature Series) in a 1980s White Pipe straight lattice apple meerschaum with an acrylic yellow cream colored saddle stem. Reviewing while waiting for the Braves-Orioles game to start.
WhitePipe_Apple80s.jpg

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, wild caught catfish and sugar snap peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. I'm a quarter of the way through this bowl of Sutliff Paradoxical (Signature Series) in an undated, unbranded straight lattice meerschaum military mount with a silver cap and tapered yellow acrylic stem. Still working on a review of this blend. Due to how they are processed and sliced, crumble cakes with several varietals take a little more smoke time because it's difficult to get a consistent flavor most of the time.
Unbranded MM meer.jpg

Back from the Legion Derby party. A lot of fun and good food. My last smoke for today is Best of the Rest English, gifted by Haebar, in a smallish Pipa Croci bent volcano. Earl Gray tea aside. This tobacco is growing on me. It’s a pretty good English. Not the best I've ever had but certainly not the worst either. Good night all.