What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Enjoyed a tasty golden delicious apple, and am off to work with a bowl of year 2020 D&R Raccoon’s Delight in my very reliable smooth straight post-1938 pre-Republic Peterson Sterling Canadian 263 with a sterling silver band and a tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem. Listening to Information, Please from my radio collection.
Peterson_PR_Canadian_Sterling.jpg

I replaced one in the last year, but not a short wide one. I did get bids and they were all over the place and one as high as what you got. You might try that Angie's List for leads. I'd price the tank to buy-get it, then just get a bid for installation. Maybe a second look by someone else too to make sure it's really leaking and requires replacement. They have an anode rod in the top that could just be replaced. The drainage valve too is replaceable. Both these among other things can leak.
I know it's leaking badly because the water meter was running fast when I had everything turned off. He said it was burst in the side and spewing out. I hate to see my next water bill. The valve to the water heater is now shut and the breaker is turned off. I was thinking about doing what you said about buying the tank myself and then getting the price for installation. That way I could pick a good quality one and know what I'm getting. Thanks for the tips!

I'm smoking Carter Hall in a Dr. Grabow billiard. I opened up the draft hole on this one and it smokes better than some of my more expensive pipes.

Finished work for the day, and am passing the quarter mark on this bowl of Wilke No. 515 Double Shot in a smooth dark medium bend 2021 Peterson Heritage Brown POTY 4AB No. 45/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. This is No. 515 with twice the rum of the Basil Rathbone blend. I was happy to see Shy Stripesy out there, and she was waiting for me. I don't see her near as often as I used to, and I noticed she was fairly thin. When she was a regular, I had fattened her up, so I put out plenty of dry food for her. Even though she doesn't seem to warm up to humans, I think she's a good cat so as whenever I see her, I'll feed her.
4AB_Brown-left.jpg

Fed my cats, and three ferals, and my last smoke of the day is year 2015 H&H Viprati in a 2000s brown quarter bend sandblast Pierluigi 140 brandy military mount with a silver cap and a caramel acrylic saddle stem. Reading baseball box scores.
Pierluigi_brandy.jpg

Good morning,
Smoking a Brebbia bent brandy with Capt black dark and a freshly perked mug of Community coffee. I have a few people supposedly coming here today to buy the car with the bad transmission.
Haebar-That deal on the water heater stinks like 3 day old fish!
Last year my water heater cracked (it was 20 years old) I went to Lowe`s and got a top of the line 50 gallon tank for 900 and they delivered it too. I then called plumbers from angies list/craigs list,town newspapers,etc. prices were all over the place,but it gives you an idea of what you should be paying. I got a dozen estimates! also call your friends and Neighbors to see who they have used.
Also, In some states/towns there are programs to help senior citizens (if you are one) that have large home repair issues at a discount. Good luck!

Good morning! Smoking some Carter Hall in a rusticated Dr. Grabow Grand Duke billiard. Drinking some JFG coffee; actually like this coffee better than the Brazilian dark roast that I have been drinking and it costs 1/3 the price, since I got it at the flea market.
I always liked JFG, and remember in the 90's them roasting near downtown Knoxville. That smell was wonderful! Sounds like a great coffee with CH. Do you recommend a specific version?

I know it's leaking badly because the water meter was running fast when I had everything turned off. He said it was burst in the side and spewing out. I hate to see my next water bill. The valve to the water heater is now shut and the breaker is turned off. I was thinking about doing what you said about buying the tank myself and then getting the price for installation. That way I could pick a good quality one and know what I'm getting. Thanks for the tips!

I'm smoking Carter Hall in a Dr. Grabow billiard. I opened up the draft hole on this one and it smokes better than some of my more expensive pipes.
I've got to try a Grabow sometime, especially with that re-stem service. I did some studying on brands, and settled on a Bradford White. State Industries also produces their own brand in Ashland City, TN.

Good morning BoBs. Hobbits Weed in a Pete Hercules 606EX with morning CR coffee. Only time for one bowl and a couple mugs of coffee. Gotta get out to the ranch and trailer up the boys so we can hit the trail early. Heavy rain and thunderstorms predicted for early afternoon so need to be back by noon. Hope everyone has a great day. Haebar, check with Home Depot or Lowes. They often have contractors who will install items bought in their store.

Good Afternoon my friends and fellow BoBs. After perusing my cellar, and remaining undecided of which bakki to fill this Savinelli Rock Grain with, I noticed, that my right hand was already folded around a Jar of Hobbit Weed. Well I have been told many times, my left hand don't know what my right hand is doing. So it's Hobbit weed in a Savinelli Rock Grain. And no complaints from me 😁. Have a great day everybody.