What are you smoking?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dunhill Flake in a Pietenpauw nosewarmer.

Muddler":c2eghu7m said:
Dunhill Flake in a Pietenpauw nosewarmer.
The Dunhill Flake just grows on me. I cracked another tin earlier this summer and enjoyed it thoroughly. Great stuff!

C&D red carpet in a Heeschen bent "P"

Mmm... Perique and Turkish and a beautiful, sunny San Diego morning :cheers:

Beck's Ol' Limey Bastard in my Stanwell Silke Brun. Unusual for me that it's 3PM and this is my first bowl today.

Perique: 2
Nicholas: 0

One part of me hopes this bitter, burnt flavor is bad luck with the mixes and not coming from the Perique. The other, more pragmatic, part notes that having a distaste for a tobacco grown on twelve acres next to a river in hurricane country may not be the worst fate for a pipe smoker to suffer. I do have to wonder if what I'm smoking is the "genuine" stuff or Green River Burley in the "style of Perique." Any way to easily tell?

Now it's time to have some fun with something about as far removed from that as it gets. Before my smokes-too-hot Legend risks its life with my Borkum Riff Liqueur Cherry, I thought I'd take it on a tour of a couple heavily-scented aromatics I haven't tried yet.

First up is Mac Baren's Vanilla Cream Loose Cut. The aroma is milder than I was expecting. I'm going to head out and light it up now.

A bowl of Edgeworth R R in a Kaywoodie 2010 Pipe of the Year (yachtsman shape).
A beautiful day here in Mid Coast Maine.
Hope all the Brothers are enjoying a pleasant day wherever you may be.
Doc

Mornin' fellas: Still smokin' my Stanwell Silke Brun this first smoke of Sunday is Sterling's 1776 Bostonian. Startin' off just splendidly!

Starting where I left off. Pembroke in a Dunhill, Earl Grey on the side.

SG Navy Flake in a GBD Speciale prince.

Sunday Picnic in a Ser Jac Picta Picasso straight apple.

Irish Flake in a GBD New Standard bulldog, because I guess I like being queasy and dizzy before work :drunken:

The past few smokes have been mediocre. That vanilla blend? I couldn't spot any vanilla flavor, or really any flavor at all. I'm treating myself to a bowl of Orient 996 in my Spitfire. That's the ticket!

Squadron Leader in a Sav Brandy while the ribs are on the smoker. Got a bottle of Southern Tier Harvest Ale to go with and that is one darn good beer.

fishnrust":poywa243 said:
Sunday Picnic in a Sav Milano.
Could be the power of suggestion, but Sunday Picnic on a Sunday just seems to work! :cheers:

PS Luxury bullseye in a Kirsten pipe

Last smoke for me late tonight/early Sunday morning is Sterling's Chairman of the Board in my Stanwell Silke Brun.

Status
Not open for further replies.