What are you smoking?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Started the day with H&H Classsic Burley Kake in a Peterson 999 Irish Whiskey. It tasted so good I'm following it with another bowl of C.B.K. in an MM Country Gentleman cob. I really like this tobacco, one of Russ's best blends.

Smokey

It was a good day.. Spent the day visiting family and my Father who is recovering from a major infection.. He is doing great.. Had a bowl of Black House in a Butz Choquin Meer Lined Apple.. Heading out with a bowl of Plumcake in a Hand carved coffee cup pipe.. Windy as heck today..

Just had some McClelland Blankeney's Best Tawny Flake from '09, and a bowl of fresh Oriental Mix #12. Both were samples I received in a pipe trade recently, and I can't wait to find more of that Tawny Flake. It has something in it that smells of either cinnamon or all-spice. I can't quite put my finger on it. MUST FIND MORE!

DrT999":e8uq5t50 said:
1st try of Dunhill Flake, in a Grabow cob
Good stuff right there! What did you think of it, T?

I'm having a bowl of Marlin flake in my favorite Ser Jacopo billiard

s.ireland":qkhuakf6 said:
DrT999":qkhuakf6 said:
1st try of Dunhill Flake, in a Grabow cob
Good stuff right there! What did you think of it, T?

I'm having a bowl of Marlin flake in my favorite Ser Jacopo billiard
Haven't had too many straight VAs (GH Scotch Cake, 5100 Red Cake). Like those, pretty much a one note tobacco, but that one note is nice enough; hay and a bit earthy, creamy smoke. Overall, I like it well enough, but unless it grows on me as I smoke my way through (which has happened with other tobaccos!) I probably won't rebuy it any time soon.

Engine 99 in a great old Carey magic inch straight billiard

Mac Baren 7 Seas Black Blend out of my brand new (Thanks to Atwageman) Savinelli Baronet 510 Ex. Funny I started with a Dr. Grabow Omega, and Borkum Riff Bourbon Whiskey. I love progression.
Zach

Sunny cool morning 40.F heading out with a bowl of Dan's Blue Note in a Bent Canterbury Dublin..

London Mixture, in an Il Ceppo bent apple.
Earl Grey on the side.

Finishing up my morning bowl of Virginia ! Oxford Flake in an old BBB Silver Mounted Pot. This stuff smokes soooo cool and tasty and slow :p

George Kaplan":vziiiyrg said:
Enjoying the sun with a cob full of Squadron Leader.
Not a bad day at all George.. 49.F and sunny here.. Making the best of outside smoking.. Black House in a Butz Choquin Meer Lined Apple.. Ready to switch from coffee to brew..

velveteagle":yx6hjlyu said:
Not a bad day at all George.. 49.F and sunny here.. Making the best of outside smoking..
I saw that picture of your "smoking lounge" in the photo gallery. If that were my backyard I wouldn't mind smoking outside all the time either. Beautiful photography, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.