What are you smoking?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just lit up a bowl of McC's Virginia #27 in a GBD Virgin Pot w/sb Perspex stem. I got this pipe when i got back from 'Nam back in '69 and wer'e gonna sit and watch the NASCAR race at Dover on the toob !!

Nightcap, in an Il Ceppo bent apple.
Earl Grey on the side.

It's Christmas in June for me today...Christmas Cookie that is, in my Savinelli Tortuga 673.

I've got two bowls lined up for this beautiful afternoon:

First, some FVF in my little Shell Briar Canadian

Then I'll have some more Embarcadero in my favorite Ser Jacopo billiard

It's gonna be a good day! :cheers:

Another 5 pipe day yesterday-

Started off with PS Luxury Bulls Eye with morning coffee, in my Pete 999.

Late morning, MacBaren Old Dark Fired I rubbed out to dry earlier. In my beater Savelilli deep bowl.

Mid afternoon, some '06 Escudo in a Pete Sherlock Holmes Mycroft Dublin. Gave me a full hour with a good book.

After supper, some P&W Churchill in my Maestro poker.

Last bowl was some Macs 2015 w/15% added perique in my Wiley Rhody.

:tongue:

Today so far-

A repeat of the '06 Escudo in the trusty Pete Mycroft.

Had to change things up mid afternoon, so had a fine '02 R&J Belicoso.

Now onto a bowl of P&W #78 in the Maestro poker.

Next up is more of the 2015.

pipe_dog.gif

Just finished my last pipe for the weekend - Frog Morton in a Benton bulldog.

Earlier I had Virginia Squire in a MM Great Dane bent spool, which is very quickly becoming a favorite combo.

Enjoyed a nice evening outdoors with Bob's Chocolate Flake in a Peterson System 313. :D

Just finished a late morning bowl of Virginia Woods in my Danish Stanwell 45 Pot. After lunch will load up a st.grain S&R bent bulldog with some Royal Blend mmmmmmmmm :p

ERR'd in a Boswell bent. I'm lucky enough to have almost two full 14 oz. cans of this.

Smokey

C&D Burley Flake #3in in a MM Country Gentleman

McClelland #22 1999 dated tin in my Turkish meerschaum. Very tasty.

FVF in my First Love -- not first pipe or even first "good" pipe (an arguable adjective), but the first one where (and from the first bowl) the heavens opened and the kind of quality experience that smoking a pipe could be whacked me upside the head. Like Kyle with Embarcadero -- transcendency.

That 1975 tobacco was BSVa10 ; tonight it's FVF, and hinting pretty broadly, toward the bottom of the bowl, that it had once been laying around for a while in a place infested by the devil's aftershave before it was sliced & packed. (See first picture in
http://lohandbehold.com/2011/03/17/samuel-gawith-factory-visit/ ). A minor annoyance, but an annoyance.

That (mild) contamination, in most other pipes, it would be (and is) almost subliminally faint or unnoticeable ; in this one, there's no evading it. That's a pipe that delivers definition !

Peterson Premiere 80S. :star:

:face:

Status
Not open for further replies.