What are you smoking?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
De Luxe Navy Rolls is a really good blend. My dad let me pack a bowl from his tin last night. I'm gonna have to add some of my own to my cellar.

...this evening, a bowl of Condor Long Cut in a 1987 Savinelli Autograph... :sunny:

“IT HAS ALWAYS BEEN MY RULE NEVER TO SMOKE WHEN ASLEEP, AND NEVER TO REFRAIN WHEN AWAKE.”
~MARK TWAIN

I agree. I enjoyed the Navy Rolls. I do find that the bigger the pipe the better it smokes. It seems to take a while to get up to flavor. Not my favorite but a tobacco to keep areound. Kinda pricey for what you get. Got some Night Cap in my 2012 Peterson Pipe of the year. It has an interesting taste.

Trying out some Newminister #400 in one of my claw/egg meers. I really like it in a briar and it's starting out REALLY GOOD in a meer :p

Some seriously Dgt'd Bosun Cut Plug in a Peterson 03, we're talking 6 days ago. Very smooth a caramel like sweetness too boot. Alesmith Anvil ESB on the side.

zjgilbert":3cmsop6e said:
Currently I'm enjoying some Dunhill De Luxe Navy Rolls. It's a pretty great smoke, but it needs some drying out next time. I'm smoking it in my Savinelli Solara. I also received a new (but old) ash tray that I'm using for the first time. It's made of syroco wood complete with a pipe holder, box to hold tools, matches, or a pack of smokes, and the ash tray itself. I'm using some of the Diamond strike anywhere matches. I was worried they wouldn't be very easy to light, but was pleasantly surprised.

photo_20.jpg
That's one hell of an ashtray! ;)

banjoepicker":3isz16hu said:
What do you think of the Nightcap?
I really like it a lot. It's definitely not an "all the time" smoke for me though. It's a punch in the gut if smoked without eating a big meal prior. Definitely glad I picked up the tin, however.

I agree. Its kinda stout. Not an everyday smoke but a good every once in a while. Just got a new tin of Peterson Special 2012 Reserve today. Gonna crack that one open tomorrow.

banjoepicker":0dsx43dn said:
I agree. Its kinda stout. Not an everyday smoke but a good every once in a while. Just got a new tin of Peterson Special 2012 Reserve today. Gonna crack that one open tomorrow.
Let me know how that is. I was thinking of ordering a tin of that.

Ok will do. Got my final bowl of the evening. Some Peterson Sweet Killarney in a 1946 Dunhill shell billiard.

Smoking some McClelland Christmas Cheer from 2006. Man I love X-mas cheer...

Presbyterian in a Viking Classic half bent Apple.

...this mornning, a bowl of Revor Plug in a 1966 Dunhill group 4 shell straight billiard... :D

url=https://servimg.com/view/17600532/55]
1966_d16.jpg
[/url]

"SMOKING IS A NECESSITY FOR A PERSON ENGAGED IN STUDY--IT STIMULATES THE INTELLECT AND REVIVES THE SPIRIT SHOULD LASSITUDE SET IN." -DR. BEINTEMA, 1650

Status
Not open for further replies.