What are you smoking?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
...this evening, Revor Plug in a group 4 Dunhill rusticated Lovat... :cheers:

"...PIPE SMOKING IS PROPERLY AN INTELLECTUAL EXERCISE."
-CHRISTOPHER MORLEY, 1916

Smoker's Haven Cognac mixture in a Bonacquisti military bit billiard.

Union Square in a "P(uff)-&-B(rouse) Collection" gotten in 1974. Clean basket pipe that's been a champ for 35+ years.

Probably cost $2.95 new. (Could'a been 1.95 ? Memory . . .)

:face:

Murray's era Std Mixture Medium in a Cesare Prima billiard tonight. Maybe it's the cooler weather creeping in, but I think I'm going back to Latakia blends.

Nightcap in a MM Cob. Pretty good as this is the first non bulk tobacco I have smoked. I have some "aged" Nightcap on the way from pipes and cigars to compare the two.

The thought (insight) occurs in the course of smoking the P-&-B that smoking older, un-hotrodded pipes is like writing using the vocabulary and thought patterns of, say, 1900 or 1850.

They're not worse, so much as just different.

And, as previously noted elsewhere here, the good ones definitely have "soul" !

:face:

Sam Gawith Chocolate Flake in a Grabow Bulldog, this stuff my very well have ruined this pipe :suspect: . It is awful. I am about two bowls away from finishing it. There will be no more of this bought by me.

Just finished my first bowl of one of McC's 'sleeper" Va's - Aurora in a Relief Grain Charatan Banker. REALLY tasty stuff :p

Just polished off a bowl of Peterson Irish Flake in my Savinelli Solaria. A good smoke to christen my new place.

SG St. James Flake in my Dunhill Zulu with a Chainbreaker White IPA from Deschutes. Delicious all around!

...this morning, a bowl of St. Bruno Flake in a Brebbia First Tan Calabash... :cheers:

url=https://servimg.com/view/17600532/96]
my_bre11.png
[/url]

"WHEN ALL IS SAID AND DONE, LOVE IS TRITE COMPARED WITH THE SPIRITUALITY OF A TOBACCO PIPE.”
-JULES DEGANCOURT

Peterson Sweet Killarney in a MM Country Gentleman.

Fraternally

Jers

Finishing my first bowl of the day, some of my "new" McC's Aurora in a Charatan Special Banker like this one:

T2eC16dHJHIE9nysfBZFBQLn-BccuQ60_121.jpg

Elizabethan in a Brigham 1 dot Rhodesian -- I have to say, this is a really sweet pipe to smoke!

Status
Not open for further replies.