What are you smoking?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Reaction score
Back to back bowls of Butternut Burley in a 1979 MM cob.

Started the day with some Blackwoods Flake in a Lane era Charatan Special PoT, mmmmmm :p

CharatanSpecialpotwtaperedstem.jpg

Earlier, it was Dorchester in a 1982 smooth straight Dunhill Root Briar 31051. Now, it's H&H Virginia Spice in a 1970s billiard sandblast Charatan 420.

Old Companion in a 1983 in a slight bend 1984 Stanwell Antique 124 grain etched with a smooth front.

Louisiana Red in a 2002 smooth Rinaldo Silver Line 3 EGER 05 paneled horn.

G&H Dark Birdseye in an old Barling straight Exel 249 Fossil T.V.F. with a silver band and military bit.

...this evening, G&H Kendal Mixture...followed by SG Grouse-Moor Plug...now, H. Sutliff Mixture 79 in a new Chacom smooth Canadian... :cheers:

url=https://servimg.com/view/17600532/321]
chacom10.jpg
[/url]

...before bed...Dunhill Royal Yacht (1978)... :cheers:

"...A Pipe smoker, by in large, is a gentleman and scholar...and there are damned few of us left..." PeterD

Onyx in a 2002 Ser Jacopo Delecta Fatta A Mano R1 rusticated Rhodesian.

C&D Raspberries in Cream out of a Jobey Asti #165.

English Breakfast with honey, and snicker doodle cookies on the side. :) :D

Three Friars in a smooth briar calabash shaped Butz-Choquin Maitre Pipier JR Fait Main with a horn ferrule.

Frog Morton in a Comoy's Tradition #42. Tea is finished, cookies have been eaten. Three games of chess played in which I lost 2/3.... :| Oh well :)

H&H Mohawk River in a 1979 rusticated medium bend Italian Sir Jeffrey Dublin.

Last pipe of the night is a repeat performance of Frog Morton this time in a Comoy's Tiger Eye #42.

Good night BoB
:sleep: :sleep: :sleep:
The Man in the moon
Looked out of the moon,
And this is what he said,
'Tis time that, now I'm getting up,
All others went to bed.
:sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

...this morning, D&R Three Sails...followed by SG Kendal Plug in a Davidoff smooth Canadian... :santa:

...up next...G&H Dark Plug... :cheers:

Life of a pipe smoker is a journey, not a destination…

Back to back bowls of Old Companion in a medium bend 2002 MM Diplomat cob.

This morning's wake up bowl was C&D Engine 99 in a BBB Two Thousand Apple. I am trying this blend, which has been my favorite for the past three years, for the first time in a pressed presentation - a krumble kake.

I was aware such an option was offered by C&D for free on any one-pound bulk purchase but always delayed trying it pressed. I found it so prepared at Allegheny Smokeworks on Saturday and am getting a handle on it.

It seems the taste profile is there but augmented exponentially. One must slow the puffing pace down a bit with a pressed version.
I'll still keep to the ribbon form mostly though, easier to load a bowl at the stoplights!

Keep 'em burnin', guys and gals.

SG Best Brown in a Becker & Musico bent billiard...

1st try G&H Rum Flake, in a Falcon (bulldog bowl)

edit: burned a little wet at the end, but fortunately not as sweet as I feared; overall, pretty good stuff!

Status
Not open for further replies.