What are you smoking?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
monbla256":m4hlt9wb said:
My God Jim, you've gone thru 3 bowls in just at 2 hours!! How's your tongue? Me I'm just on my 4th bowl for the day, some pre-dinner Royal Yacht in a grp3 BBB shell finished Lovat. :twisted:
My tongue is fine. I'm not a fast smoker, but I've been smoking smaller bowl pipes today, with one exception, so it looks like I'm burning through them quicker than I really am. Btw, this next smoke will take me a bit longer. Painter Hills in a 1990 smooth Irish Second (Peterson) Oom Paul.

Pirate Kake in a patent Dunhill Shell.

IMAG1041-1-1.jpg

Squadron Leader in a MM Cob. My first smoke in a cob, was a gift from a Lodge brother tonight. Pretty good first experience, will be many more to come!

...after dinner...SG 1792 Flake...followed by...HOW Revelation (1982)...now, final pipe of the day...Compton's Three Feathers... :cheers:

“A pipe is the fountain of contemplation, the source of pleasure, the companion of the wise; and the man who smokes, thinks like a philosopher and acts like a Samaritan.” -Edward George Bulwer-Lytton, 1st Baron Lytton

Hiram-2011":h32sok1y said:
Squadron Leader in a MM Cob. My first smoke in a cob, was a gift from a Lodge brother tonight. Pretty good first experience, will be many more to come!
"Traveling Man"?

Tonight, one last Leonessa Briosa bent billiard load of Engine 99. Today saw the smoke of London Mixture, Cordial, and a wee bit of FVF.

Then there's tomorrow.

H&H Freight Train in a 1978 smooth three quarter bend Danish Special.

Just finished my last bowl of the day, my usual Royal Yacht in a BBB Silver Mounted pot. Love to have that nice big hit of Lady 'N' to go to sleep with :twisted:

Squadron Leader in a Mac Billiard with a glass of Bushmills and two ice cubes

now on to a bowl of McCranies Red Ribbon....Can't stop smoking the ribbon, this baccy is becoming my favorite. If you have not tried it you should. Still on the Bushmills too. A great pair they make.

MacBaren London Blend in a 1980s made in London no name smooth straight apple.

When things warm up a few degrees, first try of Gawith Navy Flake (these must be the thinnest flakes I've come across) in my Wellpoint full-bend

...early AM...Lane's BLWB...followed by...5 Brothers...now, a hefty bowl SWR in a Charatan smooth Dublin... :cheers:

...up next...MacBaren Virginia #1...

“My Passions are my Children/Grandkids, my Religion, my Music, my Pipes & Tobaccos…” PeterD

Edgeworth Slices in an old grain relief, partly smooth full bend "V" shape bowl Ben Wade Prominence freehand with the letter A and the numeral 2 in circles.

Has felt like a Dunhill sort of day so started with some of "Don's Blend" ( Dunhill Flake in one of my fathers shell Dunhills (a shell grp 3 Billiard) he got in 46/47 when he was stationed in London) and now some more of it in my B'day Cumberland Pot

Dunhillgrp4CumberlandPot1.jpg

Just finishing up a bowl of Tuskegee Airmen in a Custombilt Rhodie that I rarely smoke because it took me so danged long to restore it to new-like condition (despite being described by the Ebay seller as "fully restored and ready to smoke".)

Status
Not open for further replies.