What are you smoking?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
JimInks, Wish I had a selection of Pipes like you have. Need a better job! lol

More Pipes? More Tobacco?

Chelsea Morning in a MM corn Cobb. (VA, Latakia, Orientals and Perique).

I have struggled with this blend and just don't get it. It works best for me when fully rubbed out and in a corn cobb (don't ask me why but it does). I definitely find it has a mild smoothness to it with a smokey leather flavor, the orientals are not noticeable to me. This GLP blend bites me the least of all the GLP blends i've tried (there is just something in GLP tobacco that bites me). :scratch: . Very smooth and easy to retro hale. I still needed multiple lights to keep this going (but that is also typical for me).

I don't dislike it, but it is not high on my list. Almost done with my tin but I don't think I will be buying more.

...early AM...PA...followed by, Wills Three Castles in a L'Antra rustic billiard... :cheers:

...up next, Sutliff Mixture 79... :cheers:

“Pipe smoking is not a habit…but a way of life”… PeterD

MC":zk4uv5iw said:
JimInks, Wish I had a selection of Pipes like you have. Need a better job! lol

More Pipes? More Tobacco?
You're not alone. We all need better jobs! :D And more tobacco. And more pipes! Seriously, it took many years and a bit of help to get this collection. I bought many of the pipes, had several bought for me as presents, and I inherited a number of them when my best friend died. I didn't even realize I had a collection until I had a collection. It just kinda grew on me.

I knew a guy who had around 1,500 pipes - including about 50 Dunhills. He died about ten years ago and I always wondered what happened to that collection.

Anyway, I'm smoking one of the inherited pipes now: The current Three Nuns tinned version in a 2003 medium bent straight grain Two dot 2 P. Ardor Venere Extra Bucaneve with a silver ferrule signed by Dorelio Rovera.

Astley's No.99, in an Il Ceppo smooth bent apple.
Earl Grey on the side.

I have to say without a doubt this was the most satisfying smoke for a never before smoked pipe I have ever enjoyed it was filled with dry smoke, pure unadulterated tobacco flavor and smoked to the end with nothing but ash, draw was even and almost w/o thought and definitely w/o effort. Not one gurgle, nor any extraneous moisture left in the bottom of the bowl and when it came time to place the Dill pipe cleaner it fit like a glove right to the bottom, if nirvana is what this is in pipe smoking I have met it. I am very fond of Anniversary Kake but this particular smoke left tingles.

8578073568_e94d967638_z.jpg

Virginia Spice in a straight Lane era Charatan black with burgundy undertone sandblasted billiard.

Just finished a bowl of McB Navy Mixture in my XL90 Royal Irish

That was the wettest smoke I've had in a long, long time. The pipe was gurgling 5 minutes into it.

Will be trying this again, but if it doesn't get better soon......

Have been down with a major upper respiratory infesction so haven't been consumming much 'bac this past 10 days, Just finished a small bowl of Dunhill Flake in a grp 2 sized BBB "Thorneycroft" shell fonished Lovat. Gonns take it slow and easy for the next few days. :twisted:

PS Luxury Navy Flake in a 1998 smooth three quarter bend Peterson Limerick 69.

...final pipe of the day...MacBaren Plumcake in a P&T 2007 POY Savinelli rustic bulldog... :cheers:

“…So it shall be for all time. If discord has broken out between two beings, let them smoke together. United by this bond, they will live in peace and friendship thereafter.” Attributed to the Great Manitu, the Great Spirit.

Status
Not open for further replies.