What are you smoking?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Prince Albert in Claudio Cavicchi Rusticated Bent Apple (the big boy), this tobacco always remind me the childhood time when dad smoked it. I remember his room was always full of this smell...

C&D Manhattan Afternoon Flake in a Tinsky Billiard

Been smoking OGS all day, 4 bowls of it so have decided to get back to some stronger Va so have just lit up a bowl of Royal Yacht in a 420 Tanshell finished Charatan Billiard I've had for over 30 years. Think I'll have another later after dinner !! :twisted: 

Getting ready to light up my first taste of HH Old Dark Fired. I hope I like it as much as most folks do, I still haven't found much to love with FVF yet.

4-Noggins Lord Methley in a Briar Spirit straight grain apple....it is just so gorgeous.

Home pressed goodness in My Blackstone Rock Cob
100_4513.jpg

Home and exhausted after a long road, but I had a great day. M'lady and I went Richmond, Va., and were given a two hour personal tour of the Sutliff factory today, and they also gifted me a fair amount of tobaccos. The people there couldn't possibly have been nicer to us, and I learned a great deal about the company, and how tobacco is processed. It was endlessly fascinating. When they opened the doors to processing section, I was hit with the wonderful smell of latakia! It only got better from there on, seeing the steps used to bag and/or tin tobaccos from beginning to end. The knowledge and passion for tobaccos was such a great thing to witness. Wish I had owned a video camera to record it.

And you get to smoke there, too! I smoked Old Dark Fired, Edward G. Robinson, and Edgeworth Ready Rubbed Match while I was there. Again, I had a wonderful time with very good people who were generous with their time during a work day. It was one great day!

Just finished Man's Best Friend in a 2003 smooth matte finish Karl Erik rough top freehand. Next is Edgeworth Ready Rubbed Match in a slight bend rusticated 1979 Savinelli Estella 310 poker.

JimInks":ny2kpd1y said:
Home and exhausted after a long road, but I had a great day. M'lady and I went Richmond, Va., and were given a two hour personal tour of the Sutliff factory today, and they also gifted me a fair amount of tobaccos. The people there couldn't possibly have been nicer to us, and I learned a great deal about the company, and how tobacco is processed. It was endlessly fascinating. When they opened the doors to processing section, I was hit with the wonderful smell of latakia! It only got better from there on, seeing the steps used to bag and/or tin tobaccos from beginning to end. The knowledge and passion for tobaccos was such a great thing to witness. Wish I had owned a video camera to record it.

And you get to smoke there, too! I smoked Old Dark Fired, Edward G. Robinson, and Edgeworth Ready Rubbed Match while I was there. Again, I had a wonderful time with very good people who were generous with their time during a work day. It was one great day!
It's truly great especially when it help enrich knowledge and smoking experience, I wish I could be there :lol:
Packing Dunhill My Mixture 965 in Big Ben Boomer for pre-dinner smoke.

JimInks":gvtro0tf said:

Are we to expect a detailed account of the tour complete with FANTASTIC pics? Sounds like fun !! I'm having some more Royal yacht in one of mt Charatan Special Pots .

...final pipe of the day...5 Brothers in a Savinelli smooth Long John... :cheers: 

url=https://servimg.com/view/18428752/212]
savine14.jpg
[/url]

monbla256":oy2z4q7a said:
JimInks":oy2z4q7a said:

Are we to expect a detailed account of the tour complete with FANTASTIC pics? Sounds like fun !! I'm having some more Royal yacht in one of mt Charatan Special Pots .
Not sure when I'll get to do that. I have tough deadlines coming up, and I'm very tired from the almost 8 hours on the road. I'll see what I can do, though I'm sure hoping to get some sleep tonight. Only slept an hour and a half before starting my day, and can barely manage to smoke at the moment.

JimInks":d0ycny2j said:
monbla256":d0ycny2j said:
JimInks":d0ycny2j said:

Not sure when I'll get to do that. I have tough deadlines coming up, and I'm very tired from the almost 8 hours on the road. I'll see what I can do, though I'm sure hoping to get some sleep tonight. Only slept an hour and a half before starting my day, and can barely manage to smoke at the moment.
No hurry, just when you can get around to it as I'm sure it would be interesting :p 

monbla256":hk29tbes said:
JimInks":hk29tbes said:
monbla256":hk29tbes said:
JimInks":hk29tbes said:

No hurry, just when you can get around to it as I'm sure it would be interesting :p 
Yup. This.....

Cheers,

RR

1980s Sir Walter Raleigh in a medium bend 2002 MM Legend cob. Gonna go to bed early tonight for sure.

Just finished a bowl of E N D in my favorite Peterson slightly bent apple.......was awesome.....not a huge VaPer guy (it's a change of pace smoke for me) but really enjoyed this spicy blend....nice tabac taste with just enough peppery perique for complexity.....I've been enjoying VaPers more and more lately...usually enjoy a nice balkan or british blen at night but have to say I'm glad I opened this tin and took the time to carefullly rub out the coins and pack it up!

END lives up to its classic rep....

Rum and Maple in a smooth straight late 1970s Tinderbox Selected Grecian Briar Dublin.

Status
Not open for further replies.