What are you smoking?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Reaction score
Just finished smoking P&W #515 in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem. Next is Stonehaven in a 1984 black sandblasted straight Dunhill Shell 4103 Billiard.

Mister E: Not only would I not part with the Barling, but I've been hoping to find a straight smooth Canadian at a reasonable price. This Barling is just a terrific smoker as well as an elegant looker.

JimInks":e5eqtjm9 said:
Just finished smoking P&W #515 in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem. Next is Stonehaven in a 1984 black sandblasted straight Dunhill Shell 4103 Billiard.

Mister E: Not only would I not part with the Barling, but I've been hoping to find a straight smooth Canadian at a reasonable price. This Barling is just a terrific smoker as well as an elegant looker.
Yes, the pre-transition Barlings are quite sought after now. It's totally understandable why that is. No worries, I wasn't seriously expecting you'd want to part with that pipe. I wouldn't either!

Watching 'da Boys whup up on 'da Skins with my 'new' birth Year Dunnie Apple with some of my usual "break-in" baccy, McC's FM 2000 :cheers:  mmmm what a combo. aged oil cured Algerian briar and Hienz 57  :twisted: :twisted:

MisterE":g257q268 said:
JimInks":g257q268 said:

Yes, the pre-transition Barlings are quite sought after now. It's totally understandable why that is. No worries, I wasn't seriously expecting you'd want to part with that pipe. I wouldn't either!
I knew you weren't expecting that. I was just moving the conversation on with you. I know a guy who has about 30 Pre-Transitions, and about 60 Peterson Pre-Republics. He collects and smokes them. I got my Pre-Republic bulldog from him. Wish he'd part with a Barling.

And, yeah, I have a real liking for military mounts, too.

LNF in an Upshall bent bulldog. First time I've been able to smoke since coming down with the flu a few days before Christmas. :cheers:

Just finished smoking Sugar Barrel in a straight 2012 Rekamepip made Sugar Barrel pipe. Next is McClelland Fresh Apple in a 2002 IMP smooth full bend egg shaped meer.

pre-dinders tea at this desk, same baccy & pipe as earlier reported.

Ed Duncan, Batavia, NY

About half way through this bowl of Arcadian Perique in a 2002 black short shank grain relief straight Caminetto 6.L.17.

Da Boys did it !! :cheers: Having some after the game religion ( it is Sunday :twisted: ) a bowl of Presbyterian in a GBD Garland 9438 chubby bent Rhodesian that I got back in the mid '70s and Riff would love !! :twisted: :twisted:

Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 1982 black sandblasted paneled slight bend Savinelli flat bottom sitter.

Park Lane Luxury Scottish Flake in my '13 Tinsky Xmas Dark Blast Poker. Got some 5100 ready for after supper, which my humble Stanny Legend 19 is dedicated to.

Cheers,

RR

Half way through this bowl of G&H Rich Dark Honeydew in a straight 2014 MM Pride Legend.

...final pipe of the day...PA in a Ser Jacopo Maxima "Rowlette" billiard... :santa:

Dark Strong Flake in a Mastro de Paja bent Dublin.

Part way through this bowl of Triple Play in a smooth medium bend post-WW2 Pre-Republic Peterson Killarney 9BC with a sterling silver band.

Grousemoor in a Savinelli Tevere rusticated billiard.

Paul Olsen’s My Own Blend 111 in a much cherished smooth straight grain three quarter bend 1979 Becker M 4 heart banker.

Status
Not open for further replies.