- Aug 31, 2012
- Reaction score
Listing this a few minutes early: Union Leader Match in a smooth 2002 Peterson Sherlock Holmes Series Milverton.
I would rather live in those times.Blackhorse":74ujlpef said:Oh nice. I remember newspapers...how quaint.
(A year ago our once fine local paper "adjusted formats slightly" and what once weighed a pound a day and five on Sundays looks like what used to be the Sunday supliment...a mere ghost of it's former glory. So sad.)
I also remember:
1. milk trucks making neighborhood deliveries with the milk packed in chipped ice.
2. the Rexall drug store and it's soda fountain where my favorite was a Green River.
3. Blackjack gum, and it's buddy...Beeman's.
4. women wearing nylons, one per each leg, with the dark seam neatly straight up the back.
5. women wearing hats in public.
6. MEN wearing hats in public.
7. Shredded Wheat breakfast cereal being as big as a hay bale.
8. kids playing outside all day long with no screens.
9. it being OK for kids to go out and play without the fear of perverts all over.
10. there were no pipe websites, but lots of guys smoked pipes in public.
Ahhhh. Those were the days. lol