What are you smoking?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Listing this a few minutes early: Union Leader Match in a smooth 2002 Peterson Sherlock Holmes Series Milverton.

D&R Avanti in a 2002 IMP smooth full bend egg shaped meer.

after feeding the Ed, '06 YaleMixture in SerJac Rowlette "scoop" & finish reading the paper.

Ed Duncan, Batavia, NY
pipe/cigar since '62

Oh nice. I remember newspapers...how quaint.

(A year ago our once fine local paper "adjusted formats slightly" and what once weighed a pound a day and five on Sundays looks like what used to be the Sunday supliment...a mere ghost of it's former glory. So sad.)

I also remember:

1. milk trucks making neighborhood deliveries with the milk packed in chipped ice.
2. the Rexall drug store and it's soda fountain where my favorite was a Green River.
3. Blackjack gum, and it's buddy...Beeman's.
4. women wearing nylons, one per each leg, with the dark seam neatly straight up the back.
5. women wearing hats in public.
6. MEN wearing hats in public.
7. Shredded Wheat breakfast cereal being as big as a hay bale.
8. kids playing outside all day long with no screens.
9. it being OK for kids to go out and play without the fear of perverts all over.
10. there were no pipe websites, but lots of guys smoked pipes in public.

Ahhhh. Those were the days. lol

Blackhorse":74ujlpef said:
Oh nice. I remember newspapers...how quaint.

(A year ago our once fine local paper "adjusted formats slightly" and what once weighed a pound a day and five on Sundays looks like what used to be the Sunday supliment...a mere ghost of it's former glory. So sad.)

I also remember:

1. milk trucks making neighborhood deliveries with the milk packed in chipped ice.
2. the Rexall drug store and it's soda fountain where my favorite was a Green River.
3. Blackjack gum, and it's buddy...Beeman's.
4. women wearing nylons, one per each leg, with the dark seam neatly straight up the back.
5. women wearing hats in public.
6. MEN wearing hats in public.
7. Shredded Wheat breakfast cereal being as big as a hay bale.
8. kids playing outside all day long with no screens.
9. it being OK for kids to go out and play without the fear of perverts all over.
10. there were no pipe websites, but lots of guys smoked pipes in public.

Ahhhh. Those were the days. lol
I would rather live in those times.

Nothing quite as much fun as cutting 3 1/2 acres of grass...Milan Sultans Blend in a Tinderbox Lugano pot with an ill-fitting stem.

Edgeworth Slices in an old medium bend grain etched Preben Holm Ben Wade Prominence B freehand.

Just finished smoking D&R Three Sails in a 2003 Stanwell Golden Danish 56 Rusticated Canadian.

D&R William’s Delight in an old grain relief, partly smooth full bend "V" shape bowl Ben Wade Prominence freehand with the letter A and the numeral 2 in circles. Going to post my D&R reviews some time today.

Not too far from finishing this bowl of 2010 Sutliff 507-C Virginia Slices in a 2003 straight grain Karl Erik Ekstravagant A medium bend freehand sitter. This will finish the sample.

Irishman's 5 o'clock in a Becker & Musico bent bulldog.

...final pipe of the day...PS #702 Burley in a Ser Jacopo Rowlette Lovat... :cheers:

Just finished smoking D&R Ryback in a 1970s smooth medium bend Stanwell Rego 969-48 Design Choice 837 sitter with a vulcanite stem and ferrule.

Now smoking delicious Dunhill Navy Rolls in a smooth 2002 medium bend eight sided panel top straight grain Rinaldo Collection Silver Line F Egea 05 Titania bulldog. This will finish the tin.

Status
Not open for further replies.