What are you smoking?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This pipe I purchased in 1969, a few years ago the thin chrome plating was peeling badly. So a real good sanding and a flat black spray was used that will withstand 1,250 degrees, same paint that's used on high end BBQ grills.

Edward G Robinson blend in my restored 1969 Grabow Viking pipe, yup, that's one of the original 5 bowls I purchased as a set.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!
bDL9JVo.jpg" style="width: 500px;height: 400px

Condor Long-cut in a straight Dutch meer billiard

Almost half way through this bowl of 2013 Dunhill Flake in a straight smooth patent era 1952 Dunhill Bruyere ODA apple 806 B124 with a black vulcanite stem.

Haven't come round these parts in some time, was never a big poster. Feeling whipped and just zoning out in front of the computer tonight. Finishing some Dorchester in a Dunhill / White Spot Canadian. A hair of the dog martini on the side (I did a number on myself last night). Bed soon.

MacBaren Burley London Blend in a smooth medium bend 2011 Rinaldo Collection Fiammata Silver Line 7 Odea 4 bulldog with a silver band and a tortoise shell acrylic stem.

...final pipe of the day...R. McConnell Oriental in an Old Man smoking himself churchwarden Meer... :cheers:

C&D Bayou Night bulk version in my sandblasted Aldo Valeni Billiard with a wide shank and stem.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

DGT time..............

Half burnt bowl of SG SJF I found from last night in the Dremmel box
Mostly smoked Falcon apple bowl sitting on a craft room window sill of 2013 McC's St. James Woods

and most of a cob of Three Nuns in a different coat pocket than I've been wearing the last couple of days.

Getting a good buzz on now!

Not too far from finishing this bowl of MacBaren Symphony in a mid-70s slight bend black sandblasted English Rustic 120 billiard with a black vulcanite stem.

Now smoking the last of my open stash of Dunhill Elizabethan Match in a 2003 smooth three quarter bend Rinaldo Fiammata Odissea Titania 02 Silver Line 3 Straight Grain egg with a black acrylic stem.

Villiger New World Export in a 2002 IMP smooth full bend egg shaped meer with a black acrylic stem.

Hey! What happened to all the data on our avatars?

Sir Walter Raleigh in a smooth three quarter bend 1979 made in Israel pipe with a black vulcanite stem.

Part way through this bowl of Lane Burley and Black in a 2003 medium bent Ural meer with a lined and etched egg shaped bowl with a brown pearl acrylic stem.

Medal of Valor tin version in a MM Legend pipe

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Rattray's Marlin Flake in my Joh's smooth Brandy bowl with an oval shank and wide stem.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Burley & Black aged 5 years in my restored Kaywoodie hand made/carved chubby pot.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Almost finished smoking Jim's Va/Bur in a 2015 Basil Meadows Bing Crosby Merchant Service replica with a smooth straight thin shank, aluminum band and black ebonite stem. Couldn't sleep, but will try again.

...early AM...PA...then, SWR...now, Lane BLWB in a Ser Jacopo smooth Canadian... :cheers:

...up next...Dunhill Elizabethan... :cheers:

I've mentioned this pipe prior but never took the time to post the picture of some of the fills. It's a natural dark color after over 250 smokes and I use Bee's wax on the briar often. In this picture you see 7 big fills, the pipe has a total of 11 fills, this pipe was also shipped to me without and hole in the stem. Now that's quality control :lol!: :lol!:
It's a good smoker now but NOT worth the $70.00 I paid.

C&D Burley Flake #3 in my Savinelli Series III Unfinished Billiard Pipe

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!
Q9NY0vY.jpg" style="width: 600px;height: 400px

Status
Not open for further replies.