What are you smoking?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Old Joe Krantz bulk in my T. Cristiano fully rusticated Canadian pipe. 

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Germain Special Latakia Flake from 2006, rubbed out well and letting it sit in a tobacco tray for about another 30 minutes. Seems extremely moist. 

Pipe of choice: my Ardor Giove Dublin ( DR )

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

It's that time of day:

My simple anytime blend when aged for a minimum of 1 year happens too also be one of my top 10 favorites:

C&D Bayou Night 60% and Lane Burley & Black 40% aged just over 1 year. I smoke this like a FREIGHT TRAIN and absolutely NO bite. I pack the pipe firm 3/4 of the way and get close to a 60 minute very enjoyable smoke.

Pipe of choice: Savinelli Series III UNFINISHED BILLIARD pipe. Has 11 huge fills but it's a superb smoking pipe. I did finish the briar with Bee's wax and mineral oil mixture. I've smoked this pipe over 300 times and the briar now developed a dark chocolate color. But the fills still stand out.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Almost finished smoking Jim's Evolving Work Blend in a 2003 Stanwell Golden Danish 56 Rusticated Canadian with a black vulcanite stem. Simply Orange is my drink.

MM Pride Tobacco in a MM Legend pipe. 

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Sampling a bowl of a blend I made just over 6 months ago:

Burley, Virginia and Latakia blended with 100 PROOF Southern Comfort. It's now dry enough to sample and than age the rest for at least another year. The tobacco's I used were already aged for over 8 years. This is especially a great night time smoke.  

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

...early AM...SWR...then, Velvet...now, G&H Brown Cavendish in a L'Antra square shank smooth Canadian... :cheers:

...up next...War Horse Bar... :cheers:

Half way through this bowl of Granger in the third pipe I ever bought ($1.95), a 1974 smooth straight French briar Hadley Apple with a black vulcanite stem. A bottle of Sprite is my drink.

Just now opening a tin from 2013:

I purchased 6 of these tins on a closeout sale from a B&M that closed last year. I paid $4.00 a tin because I was told by the owner of this B&M that this blend is rubbish....lol. Everybody has different likes and dislikes, later I will post what I think!?!?!?

LaGloria Cubana pipe tobacco, the Latakia is the dominant player in this blend. 

Pipe of choice: one of my H. S. Studio black sandblasted poker pipes with a straight shank and stem. This pipe is dedicated to Lat blends because of ghosting possibilities.

Update: 2:01pm....well, if your still on the fence when it comes to smoking Latakia this blend will push you off...lol. It's not for everyone, but if you do enjoy Lats this blend is EXTREMELY smokey  and smells like stewed prunes as does the taste. The Orientals are WAY in the background but you do pick up a bit of the spice from the added Perique.  I did push this blend and absolutely NO bite with NO re-lighting. Would I smoke this everyday, NO! But I would about twice a week. So, ended up I got a bargain. But this blend is not for the faint of heart. 

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

1980s HBI Three Castles in a smooth 1976 Canadian GBD Seventy Six 256 with a black vulcanite stem.

Part way through this bowl of C&D Burley Flake #3 in a 1980s Peterson 314 Full Bend black Sandblast system pipe with a black vulcanite p-lip stem.

Listing this a few minutes early: Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 1982 black sandblasted paneled slight bend Savinelli flat bottom sitter with a black vulcanite stem.

Just brushed my teeth real good after that strong Latakia blend:

Dan Tobacco's Blue Note

Pipe of choice: A rarely smoked pipe....Castello Natural Vergin Bent Egg .....(KKK)

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

A blend of aged over 3 years CH & VBC in my Don Warren Morta poker pipe with a straight shank and stem.  

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

My Canary has trachea acari problem, his voice became hoarse and today we had to catch is and apply a drop of medicine on his neck so his skin will absorb it but without to touch it with his beak. The results i hope will shown in few days. I am Mysmokingshop Gentlemans Choice in a Corn Cob with stock mouthpiece and later a tea-eucalyptus before sleep.

Just finished smoking Peter Heinrichs Curly Block in a 2002 medium bend smooth Rinaldo EGEA 03 Silver line spigot 10 and a black acrylic stem.

Edgeworth Ready Rubbed over 40 years old in my restored Wally Frank Oom Paul pipe. What a stunning piece of briar with no fills. 

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Now smoking Uhle’s 300 in a 1982 smooth slight bend straight grain Ben Wade Martinique freehand sitter with a wide top and a black vulcanite stem. Ice water and bergs is my evening drink.

Tabac Manil Reserve du Patron aged 7 years in my Ardor Urano Billiard Fatta A Mano pipe. 

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

...final pipe of the day...C&D OJK in a RD Pipes smooth X-Long Canadian... :cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.