What are you smoking?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Watch City Flake #558 in the first pipe Trever Talbot made when he went to France many years ago. It's a smooth straight Algerian briar Billiard bowl with a long Canadian stem, unbranded.

Three Star Blue in my Don Warren Morta Poker Pipe with a straight shank and stem.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

C&D Speakeasy in a 1970s medium bend brown Caminetto 205 Business egg with a long black acrylic saddle stem.

John Patton's Storm Front
Pipe of choice: Aldo Velani blonde smooth Brandy bowl with an oval shank and slight bend to the wide extremely comfortable stem. This pipe is dedicated to Burley blends.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

D&R Raccoon’s Delight in a smooth three quarter bend 1970s Charatan Belvedere 4211DC and a black vulcanite double comfort stem.

Part way through this bowl of 2012 Anniversary Kake in a smooth medium bend 1979 Chippendale (Charatan second) Rhodesian 49 with a black vulcanite stem.

starting my day with Rattray´s Hall O´The Wind in a Ser Jacopo Bulldog and bitter coffe

Modica2_zpsdae072ca.jpg

and  prepared for work, Samuel Gawith´s Balkan Flake in a Charatan 483 DC

Charatan-483DC_zpssvdqza2s.jpg

Almost finished smoking Amphora Special Reserve No. 2 in a 2002 IMP smooth full bend egg shaped meer with a black acrylic stem.

Now smoking Standard Tobacco Company of Pennsylvania War Horse Ready Cut in a 2015 smooth unfinished Savinelli 320KS author with a black vulcanite stem. Have enough left for about three bowls.

Part way through this bowl of Sir Walter Raleigh in a medium bend 2002 MM Legend cob with a black stem.

My simple anytime blend when aged for a minimum of 1 year happens too also be one of my top 10 favorites:

C&D Bayou Night 60% and Lane Burley & Black 40% aged just over 1 year. I smoke this like a FREIGHT TRAIN and absolutely NO bite. I pack the pipe firm 3/4 of the way and get close to a 60 minute very enjoyable smoke.

Pipe of choice: Savinelli Series III UNFINISHED BILLIARD pipe. Has 11 huge fills but it's a superb smoking pipe. I did finish the briar with Bee's wax and mineral oil mixture. I've smoked this pipe over 300 times and the briar now developed a dark chocolate color. But the fills still stand out.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Germain Special Latakia Flake from 2006, rubbed out well and letting it sit in a tobacco tray for about an hour. Seems extremely moist.

Pipe of choice: my Ardor Giove Dublin ( DR )

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

...MacBaren Burley in a RD Pipe X-Long smooth Canadian... :cheers:

John Patton's Storm Front in my RDPipes Devil Anse. Custom made by our member of the BoB Ron Powell. I have accumulated many pipes over the past 48 years, this Devil Anse is one of my top 3 favorites. Not for its beauty and superb craftsmanship, but for the way it smokes.....OUTSTANDING!

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Marlin flake here by the southern tip of Africa today, in a Mattner.
We had some lovely soft rain through the night and early morning. Marvelous!

McClelland Craftsbury Frog Morton on the Town in my Savinelli 320KS Trevi pipe.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Tabac Manil Reserve du Patron aged 7 years in my Ardor Urano
Billiard Fatta A Mano pipe.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Just finished running errands and this bowl of Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 1982 black sandblasted paneled slight bend Savinelli flat bottom sitter with a black vulcanite stem. A bottle of 7-Up is my drink.

Status
Not open for further replies.