What are you smoking?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Almost finished smoking Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem. A bottle of Grape Nehi made with cane sugar is my drink.

About half way through this bowl of 2012 Rolando’s Own in a smooth straight Lane era “William Conrad” Charatan Executive Extra Large stretch apple with diagonal channel cuts on the lower right and left of the bowl along with a black vulcanite double comfort stem. Watching the Cubs-Reds slug fest. Big hitting, lousy pitching.

Tried a little mixing yesterday and today, and the result was nice, mostly Drexel VIII, with a touch of Black Irish Twist for some extra body, and a pinch of D&R London Dock (the stuff is too sweet/strongly cased by itself for my taste -- I know, an odd statement for a Lakeland lover like me, but this version of London Dock isn't a floral); yesterday afternoon in an MM Patriot, last night in my old Wellpipe, this morning in my trusty BBK (current avatar pipe). This afternoon, however, #7 Broken Flake in a straight Dutch meer billiard.

D&R A.B. Rimboche in a 2003 smooth three quarter bend Rinaldo Fiammata Odissea Titania 02 Silver Line 3 Straight Grain egg with a black acrylic stem.

Now smoking D&R Three Sails in a three quarter bend smooth 1985 Dunhill Chestnut 5202 with a cumberland stem. Ice tea and bergs is my drink.

D&R Raccoon’s Friend in a 1984 three quarter bend medium brown Ascorti KS Business Dublin with a black acrylic stem.

Half way through this bowl of C&D Pirate Kake in a 1970s small bowl smooth medium bend Danish Sovereign XXX 324 volcano sitter with a black vulcanite stem. Ice water and bergs is my evening drink.

D&R Three Sails in a three quarter bend smooth 1985 Dunhill Chestnut 5202 with a cumberland stem.

Now smoking the best durn tobacco made today: Strang in a 2003 smooth medium bent straight grain Ardor Venere Extra signed by Dorelio Rovera Dublin with a black acrylic stem.

...final pipe of the day...Dunhill Royal Yacht in a gp. 3 shell apple... :cheers:

I recently came back to the briar after 20+ years. Tonight I tried Edgeworth ready rubbed in my new Royal Dutch Silver Line 425. It is not bad but so far I have to say I like Frog Morton Cellar the best so far.

BWHutchins":itkwwt32 said:
I recently came back to the briar after 20+ years. Tonight I tried Edgeworth ready rubbed in my new Royal Dutch Silver Line 425. It is not bad but so far I have to say I like Frog Morton Cellar the best so far.
Glad to see you here. Hope you'll post all your smokes! :D

Now smoking Sam Gawith Medium Virginia Flake in a 2014 Savinelli Gaius smooth brown slight bend black acrylic stem and ferrule 320KS author.

Rattray’s Dark Fragrant in a 1978 smooth full bend Lorenzo Adria Standard 733 flame grain egg with a black vulcanite stem.

Half way through this bowl of Peretti Cuban Mixture in a 2016 Peretti's M.T. Natural made in Holland straight smooth brown Algerian briar billiard with a black vulcanite stem.

A few minutes away from smoking P&W #515 in a 1998 smooth straight Butz-Choquin Bistro 1501 pot with a black vulcanite stem.

Almost finished smoking McClelland 5100 in a 2014 smooth medium bend Basil Meadows egg with an aluminum band and a "root beer swirl" acrylic stem.

Amphora Virginia in a smooth medium bend 2011 Rinaldo Collection Fiammata Silver Line 7 Odea 4 flame grain bulldog with a silver band and a tortoise shell acrylic stem.

Part way through this bowl of Granger in the third pipe I ever bought ($1.95), a 1974 smooth straight French briar Hadley Apple with a black vulcanite stem.

Good morning Ladies & Gentlemen from Greece, a wonderful sunny day here in Athens so what's better than a visit in a Cafe?

239483370ff89af4a2910f9205c69c94650c749d.jpg

The pipe is Golden Gate modified to have a meerschaum insert. Also i changed the mouthpiece to match the colour of the bowl and the insert.

Status
Not open for further replies.