What are you smoking?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Relaxing after a wonderful pot roast dinner with a bowl of Strang in a 2003 smooth medium bend straight grain Ardor Venere Extra signed by Dorelio Rovera Dublin and a black acrylic stem. Astros and Dodgers are scoreless in the 3rd.

GLP Telegraph Hill Dated 2006
Pipe of choice: New version brown anodized Falcon pipe with a slight bend to the stem. The bowl in use now is the Algerian

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

JimInks":l8f47aad said:
Last smoke of the day is Wilke No. 194 in a 1979 no name French briar smooth full bend egg with a black vulcanite stem. Watching Ellery Queen.
The 1975-76 version with Jim Hutton (love that series), the 50s version, or the Peter Lawford movie (or one of the old movies)?

Anyway, this morning Kendal Dark Vanilla in an MM Country Gentleman; this afternoon the last of some Speakeasy in a Pioneer meer Poker; this evening, Sansepolcro in a Viking Apple

Now smoking RO Perique Series Blend B-41 in my trusty 1970s smooth three quarter bend Peterson System Standard 305 with a black vulcanite stem and p-lip. Dodgers lost the no-hitter and just tied the score at 1-1 in the 7th.

DrT999":3y3ighq3 said:
JimInks":3y3ighq3 said:
Last smoke of the day is Wilke No. 194 in a 1979 no name French briar smooth full bend egg with a black vulcanite stem. Watching Ellery Queen.
The 1975-76 version with Jim Hutton (love that series), the 50s version, or the Peter Lawford movie (or one of the old movies)?

Anyway, this morning Kendal Dark Vanilla in an MM Country Gentleman; this afternoon the last of some Speakeasy in a Pioneer meer Poker; this evening, Sansepolcro in a Viking Apple
The one with Jim Hutton. One of my favorite TV series of all time. A durn shame it only lasted one season. The Peter Lawford and old Ellery Queen movies weren't very good. The 50s TV shows - the few that seem to exist - are mediocre. The radio series, only seven of which are available, were good. Too bad the son of one of two men who wrote as Ellery Queen won't release them. I've read every story in which the Ellery Queen character appears.

JimInks":6qxrjfss said:
DrT999":6qxrjfss said:
JimInks":6qxrjfss said:

The one with Jim Hutton. One of my favorite TV series of all time. A durn shame it only lasted one season. The Peter Lawford and old Ellery Queen movies weren't very good. The 50s TV shows - the few that seem to exist - are mediocre. The radio series, only seven of which are available, were good. Too bad the son of one of two men who wrote as Ellery Queen won't release them. I've read every story in which the Ellery Queen character appears.
I haven't seen the movies from the 40s, and haven't listened to the radio shows, but totally agree about Lawford movie & 50s shows

Now smoking P&W #515 in a 1998 smooth straight Butz-Choquin Bistro 1501 pot with a black vulcanite stem. Dodgers will win because the Astros put losing pitcher Giles in a tie game. They should have known better.

DrT999":2eman49f said:
JimInks":2eman49f said:
DrT999":2eman49f said:
JimInks":2eman49f said:

I haven't seen the movies from the 40s, and haven't listened to the radio shows, but totally agree about Lawford movie & 50s shows
You can see a few of the '40s movies on YouTube if they haven't been taken down. You can get the Queen radio shows at Archive.org.

Now smoking McClelland 27 in a 1980 Stanwell 668 medium bend with a multi-colored ferrule, half black sandblasted, half brown smooth, rough top with a black vulcanite stem.

Having a bowl of Sir Walter Raleigh in a medium bend grain etched undated Preben Holm Ben Wade Prominence B freehand with a black vulcanite stem, and watching Ellery Queen.

Last smoke of the day is Angler's Dream in a 1978 smooth pointy bottom three quarter bend Sir Brent, shaped like a check mark with a black vulcanite stem.

...earlier...Lane Burley...now, 5 Brothers in an Ardor DR Urano Fantasy bent apple...

Good morning from Greece and the sunny Athens.

2556590363c29a931612b33a7f2cb2357ef6f99f.jpg

Skanvinavik Mixture.

McCranie's Red Ribbon vintage 2008
Pipe of choice: Savinelli 320KS Punto Oro

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Peter Heinrichs Special Curley dated 2006, a much better blend with age.
Pipe of choice: Savinelli 320KS Trevi pipe

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Amphora Full Aroma in a Stannie saddle billiard

Yesterday's bowl was so good decided to treat myself again

Peter Stokkebye LBF, date on Mason jar 2007

Pipe of choice: Restored to mint condition: Charatan Belvedere Group 3 with an 18kt Gold Band.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Just finishing this bowl of Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem.

Status
Not open for further replies.