What are you smoking?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Reaction score
Last smoke of the day is D&R Three Sails in a 1980s straight smooth Big Ben pot with a nickel band and a black vulcanite stem.

256574334a8f81f8e8ac44d0220744fda56885c9.jpg

W.O Larsen Classics.

...earlier...Lane BLWB...now, G&H Kendal Dark Vanilla in a RD Pipe smooth Author...

Starting off my smoking day with Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem. A bottle of Sprite is my drink. Going through the awesome trade samples I just received.

Now smoking year 1936 Briggs Mixture in a smooth medium bend 2002 Peterson Sherlock Holmes Series Milverton with a sterling silver band and a black vulcanite p-lip stem. Getting a new oven installed.

MacBaren Golden Extra in a 2002 smooth Rinaldo Silver Line 3 EGER 05 paneled horn with a black acrylic stem.

C&D Odessa instead of Byzantium this morning (moved north on the Black Sea for my city named tobac), in a no name bent.

...earlier...Holiday Mixture...now, Lane Burley in a new RD Pipe Morta Rhodesian...

Just finished smoking McClelland 27 in a 2014 smooth medium bend Basil Meadows egg with an aluminum band and a "root beer swirl" acrylic stem. Almost done with this sample. Ice tea and bergs is my drink.

Now smoking D&R Raccoon’s Friend in a 1982 near full bend egg shaped Ascorti Business KS with a black ferrule and black saddle acrylic stem.

I am smoking Briar Patch King's Ransom in the memory of Markos Botsaris, one of the most respectful person in the Greek Independence War of 1821 against turks.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Markos_Botsaris
In Strasbourg they gave his name in a square, in Paris on a road and in a Metro station.

25658301e3f33a07ab63fd765abe5ccaf51bfc8b.jpg

Here in the Military Museum of France his weapons and his pipe.

2565830070eb8aa8f8b68ef9541f1604cf0f55bf.jpg

Yes, he was "one of us".

Just finished smoking Esoterica Dorchester in a smooth straight late ‘50s, early 1960s Lane era Charatan Selected 43 Dublin with a black vulcanite double comfort stem. This pipe was formerly owned by actor William Conrad, too! My second Conrad pipe. Ice water and bergs is my evening drink.

Now smoking Der Pfeifenladen #50 in a 1982 smooth straight Dunhill Root Briar 31051 Dublin with a black vulcanite stem. Very enjoyable so far.

Peterson's Irish Flake in the Savinelli Bing's Favorite. A couple of glasses of wine to wet the swab.

Cheers mates! ⚓

Sid.Stavros":5rx9lxcb said:
I am smoking Briar Patch King's Ransom in the memory of Markos Botsaris, one of the most respectful person in the Greek Independence War of 1821 against turks.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Markos_Botsaris
In Strasbourg they gave his name in a square, in Paris on a road and in a Metro station.

25658301e3f33a07ab63fd765abe5ccaf51bfc8b.jpg

Here in the Military Museum of France his weapons and his pipe.

2565830070eb8aa8f8b68ef9541f1604cf0f55bf.jpg

Yes, he was "one of us".

I love the history. Thanks for sharing. I now have something in common with Markos Botzarus, I have a road named for me too! When my parents sold some of their land in our hometown to a developer, it was stipulated that the road they put in would be called Conrad Road or Street. When all was done, it come out as Conrad Court! Too bad I wasn't famous as Markos!

Tonight I'm smoking Bengal Slices in my Savinelli 320.

...earlier...G&H Kendal Gold...now, 5 Brothers in a RD Pipe "Pit Bull"...

Relaxing after a wonderful spaghetti and meatballs dinner, and am almost half way through this bowl of Der Pfeifenladen #300 in an egg shaped medium bend smooth Burgundy colored 1985 Caminetto with a black acrylic stem.

Sid, that's a helluva pipe Markos Botsaris had! And thanks once again for this history.

8)

Had the last of the Amphora Original blend after work, once again in the Tinsky '15 BoB POTY. I see that sp has this on sale until the 15th. Dunno if I'll go for it though.

Now smoking some aged Stonehead in the Tinsky '12 Xmas dark blast, which seems to be dedicated to it.

Cheers,

RR

D&R Penhooker Silver in an early smooth Radice Tiger Eye G medium bend pipe with a bamboo-style carving on the shank with a black acrylic stem.

40 Year old Middleton Cherry in a WDC churchwarden... and it ain't too bad. The cherry is really tame now.

Status
Not open for further replies.