What are you smoking?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Started out at 3:30 this morning with G&H Louisiana flake in a Ser Jacopo Picta 09, just lit some MacBaren Symphony in a Castello KK Collection bulldog

From todays Writers Almanac:

It's the birthday of Elvis Presley, born in Tupelo, Mississippi (1935). When he was 18, working as a truck driver, he wanted to give his mom a gift, so he stopped by the Memphis Recording Service, where you could record your own songs for a small fee. He had four dollars, and with that money he was able to record two songs: "My Happiness" and "That's When Your Heartaches Begin." The Memphis Recording Service was also the home of Sun Records, and Elvis caught the attention of owner Sam Phillips, who called the young truck driver back in to see if he had any real talent.

It's the birthday of physicist Stephen Hawking, born in Oxford, England, in 1942. He was at Cambridge, working on his Ph.D., when he was diagnosed with Lou Gehrig's disease. He spent a few months brooding over it, and then realized that he might as well be productive, since he was still alive and doing all right. So he focused his research on the mysterious astronomical objects known as black holes, and he developed new theories about how they function and what role they might have played in the origin of the universe. Stephen Hawking has spent his life pursuing a Theory of Everything. He said: "My goal is simple. It is a complete understanding of the universe, why it is as it is and why it exists at all." He wrote a book for non-science readers, called A Brief History of Time: From the Big Bang to Black Holes (1988). It has sold more than 10 million copies.

Top o' the marnin', gents. I am currently enjoying an absolutely astoundingly satisfying bowl of Haunted Bookshop in a largish, smooth finished, Boswell poker. HB seems to favor, at least to me, larger bowls. This tasty morning smoke is accompanied with a steaming mug of Kaladi Brothers (Alaskan company, ultra kick ass) french roast. Outside temp is right at zero, inside I am comfy and sated.

Enjoying a bowl of HOTW in a DeJarnett snail. It sure taste good to me. A great pipe and a darn good tobacco!!

Earlier I had some Westminster in a billiard. Now I'm smoking ERRd in a Karl Erik bulldog.

Smokey

Natch, what's with all the dead trees? (Just kidding, I live in the Evergreen State) :lol:

Nice photo Natch!

Rounding out the day with Walnut in a Ben Wade Danish Hand Model 200.

Even' All, Haven't posted here in a while, been smoking 2yo Filmore alot, it's fantastic, also smoking Marakesh Cafe [TT], from my Santa delicious, from '05, I think imagonna crack open some Dunhill's Babby's Bottom blended in London '01, that I rec'ved from Green Giant in my first box pass, Ken :tongue:
Pacem en Puffing! :tongue: From The Northeast Kingdom! :tongue:

Today it was a bowl of a local tobacco shops blend called Norseman in the wolf head meer, not too bad. Then on to a bowl of No Bite Delite in my omega. Then a little bit later it was a bowl of Christmas Cookie in the freehand Boswell, topped off lastly with a bowl of Peterson's special reserve 2007 in the meer. :D

jhuggett":q75rd814 said:
Natch, what's with all the dead trees? (Just kidding, I live in the Evergreen State) :lol:
Leaf-off is the best time to hike the Ozarks; you can see the geology, it's pretty good weather most of the winter, and during the summer probably 25% of the thick ground cover is poison ivy. During the warmer seasons I mostly paddle the rivers, or head up to the Great Lakes/Canada.

Wildernatch

Just finished a bowl of McCranies Old Master in a new Jirsa rusticated horn that my girlfriend bought me for Christmas...great smoking pipe and a great blend!

It helped pass the time while I read through a 27 page Executive Summary of Undergraduate Adult Students and Graduate Market Analysis for work.

:sleep:

Good Morning All,

Marlin Flake in a Dunhill tanshell liverpool.

-27 c overnight but expected to warm up today

:) Paul

Odyssey in my new Pete Shamrock blast diamond-shank brandy :cheers: Great smoking pipe...not even close to being broken in either!! :pipe: FTRPLT

So far today has been a marvelous smoking day, with a couple of bowls of Walnut in a Brissett full bent plateau bottom volcano.
BrissettVolcano1.JPG

Rotary Flake in a Hedgie:
NYPipeShowNewPipes002.jpg

Fuente Hemingway Signature with a cuppa home roasted Yemeni coffee.

Pipes & Cigars House of Lords in a Dunhill straight billiard.

Drop dead gorgeous Hedegaard Dock!! :D

We finally had a very nice sunny winter California day today. Clear blue sky after about 10 am when the fog burned off, maybe 55 degrees, light breeze. Sat out on the back patio with a Gurkha Royal Brigade perfecto, a wonderful medium bodied but full flavored smoke. It was nice to have a cigar again, been a while. This one had been resting in my humidor since mid summer and was smooth as silk 8)

It's the birthday of the folk singer and activist Joan Baez, born on Staten Island in 1941. Her mother was from Scotland, and her father was a physicist from Mexico. She grew up in California, playing rock and roll on the guitar. When Joan was a teenager, the Baez family moved to Boston, and she started hanging out with folk singers and learning their ballads. She was 18 years old when she performed at the Newport Folk Festival for an audience of 13,000.

http://writersalmanac.publicradio.org/

For the ride home today; Mac B. Navy Flake in a Tinsky size 4 Dutch Author Coral Carve.
This Mac B. Navy Flake is some good stuff, especially in this Tinsky.
:pipe: on Brothers.

Status
Not open for further replies.