What are you smoking?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Escudo in a Savinelli Giubileo d'Oro pot. I'm starting to like pots after 50 years of avoiding them.

Wilke #515 in a 1998 smooth straight Butz-Choquin Bistro 1501 pot with a black vulcanite stem.

Just watched a 2 pipe movie with my wife. A bowl of Super Balkan mixed with Yenice Agonya in my canted waist stack, followed by GH Dark Birds Eye in a great old Jarl  Lumberman, accompanied by a glass of red plonk and an expresso. The movie was Churchill's Darkest Hour, excellent.

Half way through this bowl of 2006 C&D Yorktown in a brown straight smooth Paul Perri billiard with a black acylic tapered stem.

Edgeworth Ready Rubbed Match in a very much appreciated 1979 brown, slight bend grain etched flat front Stanwell Rego 969-48 (09) with a black vulcanite stem.

Golden Glow in a Carlysle bullie

A hot day has been predicted here for Cape Town today.

Seems like winter is partying in the South Pole at the moment.

Last smoke of the day is Angler's Dream in a slight bend 1984 Stanwell Antique 124 grain etched with a smooth front with a black vulcanite stem.

Our beach just after sunset.

25939005a083deae19269f8c0a0d7c7f5de1a2a3.jpg

25939006c29870a302bd0784470fb847e8b795a8.jpg

Davidoff Malawi Dark Cavendish.

Richard Burley":n5fragtb said:
Escudo in a Savinelli Giubileo d'Oro pot. I'm starting to like pots after 50 years of avoiding them.

The same thing happened to me! I never liked the look of them and now.....I have 10.

I bought a Giubileo d'Oro 122 pot in Florence in 2016 and that started it. I now have a Punto Oro 125, Punto Oro Mister G 122, a Punto Oro of which I can't read the number, Roma Lucite 122 and a Silver of which I can't read the number. I also have a Sasieni Fantail estate which came all the way from Russia! A Mattner Johannesburg and a Dr John 39 and a very small pot, made by Charl Goussard

I've been told that pots are made to smoke flakes. Not for me! They can handle any cut or blend of baccy and do so with perfection

...earlier...LC Peach...now, R. McConnell Special London in a Peterson Waterford XL13 smooth bulldog...coffee on the side...

Couldn't sleep, so I had a light breakfast and am now smoking Stonehaven in a 1998 smooth medium bend Peterson Limerick 69 with a nickel band and a black vulcanite p-lip stem. Simple Orange is my drink. Watching Have Gun, Will Travel.

Now smoking 2011 Villiger Virginia No. 444 in a smooth straight pre-transition Barling 313 T.V.F. EXEXEL pot with a black ebonite stem. Watching M*A*S*H.

Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem.

Just got home from grocery shopping...filling a big pickaxe shaped crossgrained pipe with rusticated sides by Briar Spirit Pipes with Esoterica Woodbridge. Fine smoking pipe but not a clencher, wonderful tobacco.
Walt

Having a nice smoke of HH Old Dark Fired in my  Butz Choquin '72 Citroen look alike.

Now smoking MacBaren Burley London Blend in a 2001 black sandblasted three quarter bend Rinaldo Lithos YY bulldog with a tortoise shell acrylic stem. A chilled glass of Trader Joe's Organic Concord Grape Juice is my drink. Mad Dog Russo s on at the top of the hour.

Fillmore in a Tinsky dog w/ coffee, trying to work out a hangover i’m assisted by a gloriously perfect spring day and a cacophony of chirps and caws.

Now smoking 2012 Anniversary Kake in a smooth medium bend 1981 Century (GBD Sub brand) natural egg with a black vulcanite stem. Down to less than an ounce on this 8 ounce tin.

Now smoking PS English Oriental Supreme in one of my old Jarls.

Status
Not open for further replies.