What are you smoking?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Black Mallory in an Upshall A grade ExL straight billiard.

Good Morning.. Exotique Mixture by Smokers Haven with my Jobey Stromboli n a cup or two of Joe. 8) 8)

6:30 am this morn........
MacBaren Club blend in a cob, coffee on the side.......... a healthy breakfast indeed!!!! :cheers: :cheers:

Samuel Gawith St. James Flake in a Bruyere Panel

Last pipe was last evening, PS Navy Flake in my new Stanwell bent billiard with bamboo stem. The wonderful cool morning has had me thinking about a late morning bowl of burley with the last of the coffee. Can I sneak away that long?? :scratch:

Early evening puff of OGS in a GBD New Era billiard.

Irish Flake in a Pete System 306. With, of course, a cup of fresh ground java. Enjoyed in the back yard, cloudless sky, birds a chirping, all while the one year old daughter takes her morning nap...

Pipeworks & Wilke No. 10 with my just arrived Brebbia Ascot.. And yes its time for a cold beer in this part of the woods.. Beautiful day and view out back..
Chuck.. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

So I got my bowl of burley along with an early lunch. First smoke in a brand new Jirsa briar calabash. These are first rate nice pipes. Like many of the eastern European carvers, you get a heck of a lot of pipe for not a lot of $$.

new to the brothers of the briar. have been pipe smoking for a year. favs are Frog morton and tinderbox reserve 1928. i've got some gl pease union square in my closet but i have to put on my big boy pants for that one. anyway, here's my problem. no matter what i smoke, the last half of the bowl is ashy tasting and not nearly as nice as the first half. i hate those tobacco reviews where they describe how wonderful that last third of the bowl tastes. i never get that far. maybe i'm a crappy packer, maybe too light or too tight--not sure. i've recently started using the german method. i like it for it's simplicity, but i'm still getting the ashy taste. i welcome all the wisdom that's out there. thanks.

Embarcadero '07 in my Cavachi 1c Canadien, Ken :tongue:
Pacem en Puffing! :tongue:

Just had a nice bowl of MB Navy Flake in my Jirsa.

jirsamacbaren.jpg

(The tin is 20+ years old and still from my father’s stock. He "cellared" it since he quit pipe smoking in the eighties.)

Uhle's #300 in my Tim Hynick freehand, Ken :tongue:
Pacem en Puffing! :tongue:

McClelland Oriental Nr. 14

Smooth Caminetto bulldog (1986)

:face:

Status
Not open for further replies.