What are you snuffing?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ermtony":fn8lzfk4 said:
Winslow":fn8lzfk4 said:
Poschel makes/made a snuff for beginners,was an orange flavor.Maybe they
still do?
That would be the Silverstone Orange I reckon, though I think that one has been discontinued. Pöschl do make plenty of other snuffs that are easy on the nose and thus good for beginners.

I'm starting the day with some GH CM.
Porschl orange, cherry, and raspberry are good for beginners. I would say President is too.

I'm on SM Blue today, not so good for begineers as it is very strong.

I reckon most of the mentholated Pöschl snuffs are good for beginners. The Schmalzlers maybe less so, though I love them.

SM Blue is a good one, though I find the menthol a little strong so I generally mix it with equal parts of Tom Buck and Camphor & Mild. That makes for a great blend. I have half pound tubs of all three on hand... :)

Giving the old taste-buds a respite from smoke this week-end, so working my way through a tin of GH Kendall Dry Orange. One of my favorite non-mentholateds.

I smoked a lot of bowls yesterday,only snuffing today so far.F&T Morlaix and
the usual Poschel snuffs to keep invigorated. :)

Winslow :sunny:

Trying to "clean out the pipes" by running the gamut of mentholated snuffs: Hedges, GH CM, and Gletscher Prise. I may add a little Bernard Amostrinha if my right nostril ever opens up... too thick to risk otherwise!

I've been on Toque's Berwick Brown all evening waiting with my wife in A&E at the local hospital. She's broken her leg....

ermtony":fqi0omwh said:
I've been on Toque's Berwick Brown all evening waiting with my wife in A&E at the local hospital. She's broken her leg....
My best wishes go out to your wife.

New to snuffing. The local B & M only carries Gletscher Prise, so that's what I've been snuffing the last couple of days. I like it, so now I'm gonna look into other blends and brands. Any recommendations for a new snuffer ?

jeremyt":q7pde64j said:
New to snuffing. The local B & M only carries Gletscher Prise, so that's what I've been snuffing the last couple of days. I like it, so now I'm gonna look into other blends and brands. Any recommendations for a new snuffer ?
There are so many varieties of snuff, I'd recommend popping over to Snuff Reviews and seeing what's out there. Definitely try an SP style, a natural or high toast style, a mentholated (esp. if you like Gletscher Prise), and if it appeals to you, a flavored snuff (akin to an aromatic pipe blend).

It's hard to know just what you'll like, but it's inexpensive enough (esp. online) that you can take a chance.

Wilson's of Sharrow, Toque, McChrystal's, and Dutch Windmill are all fine brands--you may not like everything you try, but you'll know that what you tried went through Quality Control.

Finished up a box of J&M Wilson's SP#1... have to remember to finish future tins quicker, as it's much more friendly when fresh.

Refilled my snuffbox with McChrystals O&G... love that camphor!

My curiosity about snuff was peaked a few days ago, and yesterday I tried it for the first time, and found I really like this snuff stuff. All day yesterday I was snuffing Ozona English-Mentol Type, and today it's Löwen-Prise. I'm also trying Kensington Luxury English, but it's just kind of flat. I need to look into everything offered by Pöschl, it seems.

^^^

Same here. Seems to be the snuff that agrees with me most so far.

Trying something different with american snuff......Putting some moisture in it. So far, it's working well for Honey Bee.

Status
Not open for further replies.