What Are Your Drinking Right Now

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beetlejazz

Reaction score
Simple as that! :D

--

si-424413.jpg_maxdim-400_resize-yes.jpg

just finished a negra modelo and am going to have a glass of McClellands 10 year single malt

rev

Just got home from work, been a long week. Having a dram of Finlaggin, a peated single malt that is said to come from the Lagavulin distillery. It might, there is a similarity, and the stuff is quite good. In fact, at $18 a bottle it's damned good :)

Puff Daddy":7e2bpxje said:
Just got home from work, been a long week. Having a dram of Finlaggin, a peated single malt that is said to come from the Lagavulin distillery. It might, there is a similarity, and the stuff is quite good. In fact, at $18 a bottle it's damned good :)
Hmmm...
Sounds interesting!
Glenlivet 12 for me. (last night).
Still a bit early for anything but tea...

It's worth the $18 Harlock. Been through two bottles, best inexpensive (under $30) smoke bomb I've tried.

Locally, Laphroaig has gone up from $32 to $39, so there's a big gap between Finlaggin and the good peated Islay whiskys. In these trying economic times I'm glad to have the Finlaggin around. Saving for a bottle of Bunnahbhain for Christmas :)

Puff Daddy":81qyn2as said:
It's worth the $18 Harlock. Been through two bottles, best inexpensive (under $30) smoke bomb I've tried.

Locally, Laphroaig has gone up from $32 to $39, so there's a big gap between Finlaggin and the good peated Islay whiskys. In these trying economic times I'm glad to have the Finlaggin around. Saving for a bottle of Bunnahbhain for Christmas :)
Thanks PD!
Will definitely look for a bottle... :cheers:

Puff Daddy":gatcilam said:
Smoke bomb is right!
Picked up a bottle, and man, it's liquid smoke! Delightful, too.
My girlfriend liked it even more than I did, though she left a glass with a little left in it on the nightstand, and all night I could have sworn that I had left an open tin of Nightcap somewhere nearby!
Really.
And you know I like the Nightcap...

:) I had a glass of that last night too. What's interesting is how the smoke dissipates once the bottle's been open a bit. A week later and half a bottle down, the smoke nature has subsided a lot and a subtle smokey maltiness dominates. Hard to believe this stuff is cheaper than many blended malts.

Oh, and bonus points given for "girlfriend, single malt and Nightcap in the bedroom" in a single post :cheers: :lol:

Puff Daddy":88rwtmf1 said:

Puff, the dirty little industry secret on Finlaggin is that it's distilled by Lagavulin. :shock:

Egg Nog and Jack Daniels (50/50).
T'is the season! :santa:
Also, I just opened a tin of Christmas Cheer 2003. :rendeer:

beetlejazz":5q47j19t said:
Oh, I wouldn't dare to cross paths with the Fairy when there's work to do next day :lol:
I had a touch last night. I feel a-okay this morning, rather productive actually. :D

DrumsAndBeer":8nhyzm43 said:
beetlejazz":8nhyzm43 said:
Oh, I wouldn't dare to cross paths with the Fairy when there's work to do next day :lol:
I had a touch last night. I feel a-okay this morning, rather productive actually. :D

I hope you still have two ears! :lol!:

Fraternally

Jers