What Are Your Drinking Right Now

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Vito":y3clc1kc said:
Brothah D&B:

As a Californian, you should have no trouble finding Zaya 12-Year at the nearest BevMo:

http://www.bevmo.com/Shop/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=14897

It's difficult to imagine anyone who appreciates fine rum not appreciating Zaya. It has my unqualified recommendation.

:joker:
Vito, I appreciate liquor that drinks good straight period. Typically I drink bourbon, scotch, armagnac & spanish brandies from the Jerez region. I have never experienced a rum that I would want to sip straight. Perhaps it's the distillation of cane sugar rather than grain or grapes, I am not sure. However, I will seek some of this stuff out. Thanks for the tip guys.

DrumsAndBeer":bit0e5qi said:
Vito, I appreciate liquor that drinks good straight period...I have never experienced a rum that I would want to sip straight. Perhaps it's the distillation of cane sugar rather than grain or grapes, I am not sure. However, I will seek some of this stuff out. Thanks for the tip guys.
Actually, amigo, I originally wrote "...anyone who appreciates fine spirits", but on further reflection I changed it from "spirits" to "rum" in recognition of the possibility that some folks simply might not have a taste for rum.

Truth be told, that was pretty much me before I found Zaya. I always had a mental picture of what good rum might taste like, assuming I could ever find any I could actually enjoy. But I was always disappointed. I seemed forever doomed to piña coladas, margaritas, and other concoctions that always were more like palliatives to make an otherwise undrinkable drink drinkable.

Anyhow, Zaya changed all that. If you don't have a taste for rum, perhaps nothing — not even Zaya — can overcome that. Your taste is your prerogative, and only a fool would disparage it. But if you have always hoped that the sublime drink other, lesser rums tried (and failed) to be actually might exist, Zaya might fulfill that hope.

Zaya 12 is good, I also like Pyrat rum as well. Latest was a 12 year Dominican rum, I will post the distillery when I get home from work. I love good distilled spirits, be it Rum, Vodka, various Whiskies, etc... Also love some good craft brewed beers! Given the small population, we have a pretty good beer scene up here.

just got home from work, editing to add, the 12 y/o rum is Kirk and Sweeney, from the Dominican Republic.

Fatman:

Pyrat is unique...not like any other rum I've ever tasted. It has such a distinctive orange flavor that I have to be in the mood for it to drink it straight. Evidently, I'm in the mood...I'm enjoying a snifter of it now. :mrgreen:

It would definitely work as a mixer for any kind of fruitiferous concoction. But my favorite use for it is as a mixer for egg nog. It really gives the nog a superb fruity kind of twist.

Atwater Brewery Vanilla Java Porter. Love it. (Brewery is in Detroit) Smoked some Squadron Leader with it and it wasn't over taken by the LAT. Good Beer.
Zach

Black Toad Dark Ale, made from dark-roasted malt, and has the coffee-and-chocolate thang in good balance with the hoppish zing. 'Tis a chewy, nutty brew that makes the heart grow fonder.

Booker's 127.3 proof single barrel bourbon.....

348px-Bookers_zpsb3720bef.jpg

Duplin Carolina Red wine. Poured me half a bottle with dinner. Grilled salmon with my special glaze and baked taters.

tech2576":m1u7slzs said:
Zaya 12 year old rum
I was at my local liquor store in search of a decent bottle of sipping bourbon to imbibe on while watching Game of Thrones last night. I glanced over at that rum selection and low and behold they had a couple bottles of this stuff.

Wow. This rum is incredibly flavorful and extremely smooth. It's quite exceptional and perfect for sipping neat.

Thanks for the recommendation. :D

Diet Pepsi, fountain style, on the rocks in a waxed paper cup. Dammned fine sippin :roll:

Coke.....can't seem to break the addiction......went from breast milk to Coke.:lol: 

I was into coke and breasts for a while, but I beat that addiction.

Elijah Craig small batch 12 year. Breasts later.