What are your other Hobbies?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thomas Tkach":w0fms8iu said:
Chuck, I don't know if making a hat for you would work out. I made that first one without a pattern and it took me more than a dozen hours to figure out. I started another one, maybe with practice I'll get better and faster so you don't have to pay too much for an inferior hat just to make up for my time;)! I've made the first two from tweed blazers I got for nothing at the thrift store, but I have found sources for decent tweeds online, as well.
No problem Thomas.. I was thinking down the road.. And I could mail you a pair of old blue jeans to make it out of.. But just let me know when you feel inspired.. Something done with care and meaning will beat the so called perfect craft job any day... :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Chuck...

i am a lot of things.

father & grandfather.

hobbies are bowhunting, flytying, flyfishing, fishing, and any other excuse to be outdoors when the weather suits me.

dabbled some with target archery and a sure-loc scope setup. i shoot a back tension release. also hunt with the same scott longhorn stainless steel 3 finger. shot a couple field rounds locally, but there are not a whole lot of ranges available for that sort of thing.

BullCreekCraw.jpg

bull creek craw pattern adapted/borrowed from the texas region.

picture of archery scope set up (i made the sunshade)

scope.jpg

field target beat up. think i was shooting that day at 35-50 yards

20451.jpg

like using old antique tools on deer hides.

drawknife.jpg

like eating the things i shoot (venison kabobs in the summer)

venisonkabbobs.jpg

the wife helps butcher. shoo! cat!

jujutrimming2.jpg

about ready for spring and its not even officially winter yet.

1stparachute.jpg

antler lamp i made with sheds.

antlerlamp.jpg

guy who stuck around for 2 weekends too long

WT4.jpg

me in my favorite spot

trees.jpg

that about cover it?

camo

Maiser":u394l8cf said:
Music is my first maiden, if I had to choose pipes or music, I would pick music for sure. But thank God I can have them both!

I play percussive instruments and sing/guitar in a band I play in here in charleston. I have also been playing the trumpet for about 6-7 years. I started the mandolin about two years ago (easy instrument, if any of you are looking into it!) and have been taking cello lessons for the past month or so.

Besides that I enjoy cooking without recipes. I just open up the pantry and see what I can make with whatever I have! It's thrilling, and when you get something that tastes good it's a great feeling.
I play trumpet for a LIVING and its still my hobby.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Camoham, have you checked into the Indiana Field Archery Association? They have organized indoor and outdoor shoots. I would think that Indiana would have nearly as many clubs and field shoots as us in IL. There are at least 7 outdoor ranges within an hour of me. I haven't shot in years though.

last drive was an hour +

the remainder are substantially longer.

camo

I play trumpet for a LIVING and its still my hobby.... :lol: :lol: :lol: [/quote]

Now you have to list what horns you play...model no.'s, and mouthpieces for each one. :tongue:

I enjoy riding and working on my Harley and also enjoy hunting and shooting with classical archery equipment. Also enjoy collecting vintage tobacciana items.

hobie1dog":7ljfc25k said:
Now you have to list what horns you play...model no.'s, and mouthpieces for each one. :tongue: [/quote]

Haha, they have whole forums dedicated to trumpet hardware....

http://www.trumpetherald.com/

Pipes are kind of like mouthpieces.... ya got a bunch, but you always come back to just a few....

MisterE":4z0c8c5w said:
hobie1dog":4z0c8c5w said:
Now you have to list what horns you play...model no.'s, and mouthpieces for each one. :tongue:
Haha, they have whole forums dedicated to trumpet hardware....

http://www.trumpetherald.com/

Pipes are kind of like mouthpieces.... ya got a bunch, but you always come back to just a few....[/quote]

So what's your go-to trumpet setup?

Wow, the model train setup is awesome. Thanks for posting it up for us. :bounce:

Well I have a couple hobbies I enjoy. I collect just about anything from town and county I live in. It is Union City TN Obion County. Examples are old milk bottles, postcards pictures, advertising and old school annuals. I love to tent camp, play golf and shoot(pistols,shotguns,rifles and my bow) when I get the chance. Smoking a good bowl or cigar is a favorite activity too. My newest hobby and probably most expensive is ham radio. My call sign in KJ4UNX. I currently hold a Tech license. My radios are all Kenwoods. The first is a old TM-201a without the tone board very rough shape but works when it wants to. The next is a TM-271a 2m radio I use mainly in the house for local repeater use. It is hooked to a homemade copper J-pole antenna I made and it works real good. Next is a old TS-820s it worked real good til 2 days before the December 10m contest. It still receives but does not transmit. I am working on it cause I just love the glow from those tubes. The last one is a TS-440s with just about every option that you could get for it in the late 80's. It works great and have logged a couple dx stations with it. I am using a old hustler vert. BTV-4 antenna with the HF rigs.

I do love to hunt and fish too. For the last couple years I have dabbled in fly fishing some. It is pretty fun here at Reelfoot lake when those little Brim take a fly on light tackle.

JP, I was looking at your pics. Looks like you might have shed a few pounds from some of the pics I remember seeing in the past. I like your tent. I still use a old canvas tent my parent bought almost 30 years ago. It has already out lasted 2 nylon (or what ever material they made of) tents that I have bought.

Leather working, archery, sewing machine repair, metal craft and historical reenactments.

Audiobooks, podiobooks.com, writing, singing, Xbox, tech and tech news, gadgets, and reading, building websites

I'm the consummate nerd in the family, so anything tech, I dig.

At one point in my life, I wanted to sing for a living, but the constant travel sucks, so I just do it as a hobby.

I love opera, used to sing in them, now I just go when I can.