What Are Your Top Ten Tobaccos?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would assume still in production for the list. Thread has some nice picks.

No particular order:
  • Rich Dark Flake.
  • Capstan Blue
  • Peterson Flake
  • Figgy Pudding
  • Old Toby
  • Deluxe Crumb Cut
  • Persian Slipper
  • Campaign Dark Flake
  • Marlin Flake
  • Red Queen V
GeoffC, Top shelf classics! I want to hang out with you! I’ve got some open Campaign Dark Flake, but it was just meh for me. What am I missing with that tobacco?

I would assume still in production for the list. Thread has some nice picks.

No particular order:
  • Rich Dark Flake.
  • Capstan Blue
  • Peterson Flake
  • Figgy Pudding
  • Old Toby
  • Deluxe Crumb Cut
  • Persian Slipper
  • Campaign Dark Flake
  • Marlin Flake
  • Red Queen V
Marlin Flake . . . that one probably should have been on my list. Delicious stuff.

All are available, except KBV Golf Fore Glory! , and I guess it could be back. Just watch the news part of the website.

1. SG St. James Flake
2. GLP Triple Play
3. KBV Golf Fore Glory!
4. Petersons 3P Perfect Plug
5. PS Luxury Navy Flake
6. John Patton Storm Front
7. Sutliff English Oriental 400341
8. Sutliff 507-C
9. Granger
10. Sutliff Edgeworth Ready Rubbed Match

All are available, except KBV Golf Fore Glory! , and I guess it could be back. Just watch the news part of the website.

1. SG St. James Flake
2. GLP Triple Play
3. KBV Golf Fore Glory!
4. Petersons 3P Perfect Plug
5. PS Luxury Navy Flake
6. John Patton Storm Front
7. Sutliff English Oriental 400341
8. Sutliff 507-C
9. Granger
10. Sutliff Edgeworth Ready Rubbed Match
Swede, Great Top Ten. Now you need to try Dan Tobacco Salty Dogs. I’m afraid it will alter your list. Lol.

GeoffC, Top shelf classics! I want to hang out with you! I’ve got some open Campaign Dark Flake, but it was just meh for me. What am I missing with that tobacco?
All of my 2012 and 2013 CDF are all wrap around flakes that are totally dark. I have seen the new flakes and they are all perfectly shaped square flakes that have some yellow running through it. They changed the blend but I have no idea when they did it. They also did something similar to Astleys no 44 Dark Flake. That one I have a new tin and it is nothing like my 2012 and 2013. I did smoke the new 44 and thought it was a good smoke that will just get better with age.

All of my 2012 and 2013 CDF are all wrap around flakes that are totally dark. I have seen the new flakes and they are all perfectly shaped square flakes that have some yellow running through it. They changed the blend but I have no idea when they did it. They also did something similar to Astleys no 44 Dark Flake. That one I have a new tin and it is nothing like my 2012 and 2013. I did smoke the new 44 and thought it was a good smoke that will just get better with age.
CDF wasn’t bad, but it just didn’t do anything for me either. Thanks for the information.

My list does include un-obtainium.

Samuel Gawith - Bracken Flake
Samuel Gawith - 1792 Flake
Gawith, Hoggarth - Bosun Cut Plug
Tavern Tobacco - Marrakesh Cafe
GLP - Bohemian Scandal
GLP - Raven's Wing
GLP - Renaissance
GLP - Chelsea Morning
GLP - Key Largo
C&D Oak Alley

Runner's up. Dunhill Standard Mixture's & Nightcap, & STG - Mick McQuaid Ready Rubbed.

These can change.

Here’s my ten (excluding unobtanium and limited edition stuff).

1. Haddo’s Delight
2. Bayou Morning
3. Escudo
4. Night Train
5. UHLE’s Hunt Club
6. Bayou Night
7. St James Flake
8. Gas Light
9. Luxury Twist Flake
10. Kajun Kake
Just opened a 20 yr old HD. Smoked in a new Tinsky!!!! Heaven!!!

In no order. I far prefer Syrian latakia over Cyprian, which is a large factor as to why you won't find new/in production English blends on the list, and I don't have a hankering for English anymore anyway. The bottom three are the only ones still in production to my tastes.

Balkan Sobranie 759
Escudo (AC era)
Dunhill Nightrain
Dunhill 965
Crown Achievement
Bengal Slices
McClelland #2015
HU Director's Cut
PS Luxury Navy Flake
C&D Night Train

I love breathing life into older threads.
I'll say these are a little bit in order, but with some wiggle room depending on mood.

1. GH Bob's Chocolate Flake
2. GH Bobs Square Cut
3. GH Coniston Cut Plug
4. GH Bosun Cut Plug
5. GH Brown Flake Unscented
6. GH Dark Flake Unscented
7. GH Dark Birdseye
8. GH Kendal Kentucky
9. GH Ennerdale Flake
10. GH No. 7 Broken Flake

Current honorable mention slots go to GH Rum Flake, Watch City 4-Q, and C&D Canal Boat.

There are still some GH blends I haven't tried, and I haven't had a chance to try anything from Samuel Gawith. Once I do, some of those might take some spots on the top 10 list.