WHAT DO YOU COLLECT OTHER THEN TOBACCO & PIPES

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Harlock999":5ughcvh7 said:
Briarbabe":5ughcvh7 said:
Harlock999":5ughcvh7 said:
POIDH, sir.
Here's the only Potentate's fez I was able to find during my fez phase.
This is one of about 150 or so...
dsc_0442.jpg

This is one of the most ornate fezzes in my collection.
The Mystic Order of Veiled Prophets of the Enchanted Realm
dsc_0810.jpg

dsc_0811.jpg
Some nice looking Fez's....I am into collecting older Masonic books & items, I should definitely look into some of the Shriner Fez's.

Cartaphilus":jznn480u said:
The reason I said that was that I thought you might just be yanking our leg.
The album cover looks to be from the 50's in style and graphics is why.
I actually put that record cover together, using the OLD cut and paste method.
Scissors, glue, copy machines and Letraset letters.
The large image on the cover is from an early '60's Stag Party "comedy" album.

Other than pipes...
I collect Doctor Who stuff...mostly episodes, but I have books, magazines, music, cards, figures, clothing, etc. Yeah, I'm a geeky collector. :)

Harlock999":6v7ek0bs said:
Cartaphilus":6v7ek0bs said:
The reason I said that was that I thought you might just be yanking our leg.
The album cover looks to be from the 50's in style and graphics is why.
I actually put that record cover together, using the OLD cut and paste method.
Scissors, glue, copy machines and Letraset letters.
The large image on the cover is from an early '60's Stag Party "comedy" album.
Ah! That explains why it looks old.

denholrl":fss2h454 said:
My wife hand I collect hand-thrown pottery.  Also, I collect Social Security.

Rob
Small world Rob!
I also collect hand thrown pottery, well......I use to, the ex-wife would throw it and I tried to catch it.
Not to mention SS also.8) 

I knew there had to be a thread... found it! I like reading about and seeing other peoples' collections. At one time or another, I collected almost everything, or so it seems. I have always liked man-things from earlier generations, razors, aftershave bottles, knives, guns, etc... I had stored up quite a collection. I also used to collect old monastery art and architecture. Recently, (two or three years ago), I got to looking around and wondering what in the world I was doing with all of this "stuff". So, I have been in the process of eliminating tons of the stuff. I still have a garage full that I am slowly eliminating on ebay.

I am finding that the more I get rid of, the freer I feel. I have kept my favorite "useful" pieces of various collections, but the majority I just realized no longer brought me any pleasure.

The only thing I have kept that doesn't serve any real purpose is a few of my old pressed metal trucks from my childhood. Just can't seem to want to part with them. So, I don't know that I actually have a "collection" of them. There are about 4 that were mine as a kid and I have bought two more in recent years.

Collecting can be fun, but it can also be a sickness.

I come from a whisky family in Scotland so I collect private bottled single malt whisky. After I moved to the States i decided to collect and share with my friends. Each quarter we do a tasting of 5 bottles and I usually send them home with guests. I have about 550 bottles.

Looking at this from a mid-life point of view. I would like to collect more income producing assets.

Here is to hoping this strategy allows me to indulge in PAD & TAD for many long years.

Ah, yes, I forgot, I have a tiny collection of glass insulators. I think they are pretty and I love finding different companies, shapes, etc. I bought the sweetheart one that was from the Pennsylvania Railroad as he's a train buff. I'd like to take some of the more common ones and build a chandelier with them.

I tend to collect, not in any discernable pattern or order: tools, books, knives, truck parts, survival gear, guns, ammo, and of course, pipes and tobacco.

Beer and books. The books I read, the beer I drink... But like my tobacco, choice selection for my tastes! I have a great pipe smoking library to read in and wonderful beer bar to indulge in smoke and drink.

now if my wife only let me smoke in them...

Hmmm.

I used to "collect" Bass guitars and gear. But since I'm not playing 500 sets a year anymore I sold mostly everything except some necessities.

Same with guns and ammo. Sold the extras, kept what I considered the necessities.

Video games don't count, as I only keep what I play currently.

Jeep parts? Doesn't count as you are always having to use them, and they break.

So, I don't think I really collect things. I keep things that are from special events or special memories, but they don't follow a certain theme or genre.

My wife will tell you I collect tables. We have about 20 different tables.... coffee, end, dining, sewing, anything you could imagine. Why? At the time we needed that table for a reason. And it's become a running joke. And I may just like tables.

I need a barn.

I have to update my list to include fountain pens now :fpalm: Though, I am going to have to pair down on collecting things. I think that computer parts are first, and then truck parts are next. I have two parts trucks that I need to get rid of to clean up the yard. My wife says it looks like a junkyard out there with the parts trucks.

TMacphersonNH":mcpb2k5i said:
I come from a whisky family in Scotland so I collect private bottled single malt whisky. After I moved to the States i decided to collect and share with my friends. Each quarter we do a tasting of 5 bottles and I usually send them home with guests. I have about 550 bottles.
A man after my own heart! I used to live and work in the Highlands and whilst there decided that it was only right that I did some serious research into single malts. Got to know the areas quite well; Speyside, highlands, lowlands and of course the islands. My all time favourite is Lagavulin which fortunately Santa deemed me worthy of having another bottle for Christmas. As it happens I have a glass of 12 yr old Glenlivet sat next to me right now! Pip pip!!