What do you do for a living

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Midnight Blues

Reaction score
This may go over like a lead balloon but it may be interesting.
I'm a Tool and Die maker (29th year) a very interesting job that may in time turn into pipe making in my retirement....

I actually just started working at a local B & M. Murphy's Fine Cigars. We sell pipes, pipe tobacco, cigars and related accessories. I dig it. :D

I'm a Deputy Sheriff, currently hold the rank of Lieutenant. I'm about a month shy of 22 years on the job.

LtMac

Aaron,

Best of luck to you. There is a special blessing in doing what you love....

I'm a network security analyst for the state government. Every once it a while I do some contract work as well.

Midnight Blues":gy5dbznz said:
I'm a Tool and Die maker (29th year) a very interesting job
Both of my brothers are Tool & Die Makers, I was a Machinist for 7 years till layoffs in the early 90's killed that. I worked multiple part time jobs for several years then painted houses full time for a while. I then went back to school ten years ago to learn CADD (computer aided drafting & design) and have been a Designer/Planner for a small custom home builder for 8 years now, my specialty being in remodeling & additions.

For the past 33 years, I've made my living as a radio announcer of one form or another. I spent 14 of those years as a morning news anchor at a large FM in Knoxville. I've also been a rock jock, a country jock, and am currently a Gospel music jock.

Radio has changed a lot, but it's still fun.

Mike

Yak pays me to aggravate TJ, and TJ pays me to aggravate Yak. A half-dozen guys pay me to aggravate JT. Added together it's enough to live pretty well. (JP is so much fun I piss him off as a freebie.)

:cheers:

Ah, the joys of Capitalism! :twisted:

LL":7k5eamhq said:
Yak pays me to aggravate TJ, and TJ pays me to aggravate Yak. A half-dozen guys pay me to aggravate JT. Added together it's enough to live pretty well. (JP is so much fun I piss him off as a freebie.)

:cheers:

Ah, the joys of Capitalism! :twisted:
:lol!:

I'm an attorney and a city councilman. (And, yes, when my council considered a smoking ban, I voted against it. It passed anyway.)

Graphic Designer full time at a University in NH, and I work part time as a server/bartender/wine snob at a local wine bar.

I'm the Classified Advertising Director at our paper and have a photo business on the side. My photo site is in the www link in my profile.

I am an Electronic Technichian/ Maintenance Supervisor with the United States Postal Service the last 14 years. :lol:

Winslow :sunny:

I'm an English teacher by trade, though right now I'm a full-time graduate student.

Well as you may have already guessed I'm a Correctional Officer (7 years now). I am the committing officer on the 11-7 shift at our Intake facility. My position involves processing them as soon as the local departments drop them off. Yup, come to prison in R.I. during those hours and I’m the first smiling face you’ll encounter! Never a boring day here…

Heavy equipment operator. For the last 12 years or so I've been running an asphalt milling machine.

w2200b10.jpg
[/url][/img]

Hammer8":4fuk83t0 said:
Heavy equipment operator. For the last 12 years or so I've been running an asphalt milling machine.
Oh, so you're the son of a bitch that keeps ripping up the damn roads. :lol:

Oh, so you're the son of a bitch that keeps ripping up the damn roads.
Stock answer: Everybody wants the improvements, but nobody wants the inconvenience!! :lol:

My wife laughs at me for cursing the highway workers when I'm the one sitting in construction traffic! :evil: