What do you drive?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The recent downsizing and live in a camper has me driving a Ford F350 dually. Hauling the 5th wheel camper the truck gets about 11.5 mpg (diesel). With out the camper the average is 13 mpg so not much difference.

I'm not sure how long we will travel the country but when we settle back down I would love to get a BMW 4 series with the convertible hardtop. I had one for a rental in 2018 and that was a nice car. Not much trunk space or back seat area but a sweet ride.

Is it sad or funny that I recognized that series of turns before I even read your description? I've run that hill so many times over the years that it's almost muscle memory to me. It has been a few years since I've made the 45-minute jaunt up there, though. Now that I've moved 15 minutes closer, perhaps I'll go exercise the S5 up there.

That was a fun day. I came from the south and had already done hundreds of curves when I got to the junction by the bike shop and restaurant. Then saw those guys taking photos with the huge lenses. Beautiful march day. Blue sky and sun. Quite breezy. Just perfect.

MN winters and my residential street that flows into a cul-de-sac; plowed twice last year. 2017 Subaru 4WD Legacy sedan. I'll hopefully drive it for five more years, then buy a 2025 total electric vehicle. I'll be over 80 and if still driving, won't be doing any long distance driving.

A year ago I traded in my Honda Accord and sold my '95 Ford Ranger 4cyl, and bought a new 2019 AWD Honda Ridgeline. Lots of big truck guys don't consider the Ridgeline to be a "real" truck, but it does everything I need it to do and is a very comfortable ride. My wife drives a Honda Pilot, which is very similar to the Ridgeline, so there is not a lot of confusion when we are driving each other's vehicle.

I still drive my 2005 Chevy 2500 HD diesel crew cab. Love this truck. I tow my thirty foot Heartland toy hauler up the hill from Phoenix to Flagstaff and beyond to the Mogollon Rim (which is 7000 feet where I turkey hunt) with no issues. I have 170000 miles on it now.

Love my 2012 Ram 1500 Laramie. Bought in 2016 when we moved to Prescott with only 20k miles. Still looks brand new. Also my 2002 Camaro SS Convertible. Last year made till 2008. Only 33k and still looks brand new.

I had a 1961 Volkswagen Karmann Ghia. Sold it for a modern Volkswagen Polo which I had 12 years with no major problems and then another VW Polo for 11 years now with no problems. I just love VW and it's price/performance ratio. It's a small city car, perfect for me. It shares it's chassis with Audi A1 and sticks to the road like a gokart. Wife drives a VW Touran that we use for travel.
I would love to have a Porsche Panamera Sport Turismo or a WV Tuareg.
Google Fiat 126P and try to believe that we traveled to the seaside for vacation in this car, me, Mom and Dad 😃

We used to have a section here that was dedicated to automotive stuff. Don't know what happened to it.
I drive a 2006 Ram 1500 Quad Cab. Also scoot around in a 2012 Polaris Ranger. The wife drives a 2013
Chrysler 200.

2002 Avalanche, still have it. It hit 290,000 miles over the weekend and still going strong.
I had a 2002 Avalanche that thing was bulletproof. My son drove it to over 300K, then sold it to a guy who turned it into an off-road toy.

Daily driver is a 2005 Suburban. I also have a 2004 Roadtrek Class B RV that I use for longer trips and someday soon getting away for longer excursions.

When we moved out into the country five years ago had to get rid of all our Gucci rides - Infiniti Q and Mercedes E350 - because the road up to the top of the mountain can be treacherous in any kind of rain or snow. 4WD a necessity here. I drive a Ford Ranger 4WD Sport because the smaller footprint gets around on the back nine trails better, my son drives a huge raised Ford 350 with huge tires (too big for the back trails without uprooting saplings on the side!), my wife a Suburu Tribeca AWD. Son also has dirt bikes and Yamaha ATV that he keeps out in his back building.

Update to my last post in February. Purchased a 2015 BMW M4 convertible on Monday. We have been looking for one and stumbled on this car. Sporty and comfortable. And still have the F350 truck.

Once had a Triumph Spitfire that would eat anything on the road. Nearing 75, I'm content with my 4-banger (turbo) 2016 CRV. Unlike the Triumph, this'un starts when I want it to and stops when I'm done with it. 'Course, I can't 'tinker' with the CRV like I did with the 'Spit, but, really don't have to.