What do you drive?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
swhipple":vyancqw3 said:
Trever's mention of autocross inspired me to post a picture of my ride, a 2013 Subaru BRZ. Picture was taken the NCCAR facility near Roanoke Rapids NC before a Tarheel sports car club autocross. The numbers are magnetic. Trever bring that MR2 Spyder out sometime.

</a><a href="https://www.flickr.com/people/120498845@N06/" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">
That's gorgeous! I semi-lust for an FRS/BRZ but can't quite justify a new car purchase just now. They're the most interesting new car on the market to me, though. I'm definitely looking forward to the day when I can spend a weekend in autocross, the Spyder is a ball of fun to drive and tight cone courses are its natural habitat. Thus far the closest I've gotten has been taking it up to the mountains a few times, where it loves the tight curvy roads.

Re: the magnetic numbers. My buddy Paul Tatum (formerly a pipemaker also, now at NASA) autocrosses his Miata regularly. He's gotten very fond of making his own magnetic decorations, and often has his car decorated with stick-on silhouettes of the monsters from the opening of the old Ultraman TV show...

1983 Oldsmobile Delta-88 Royal Brougham

temporary_zps8b67df4c.jpg

2008 Nissan Titan SE, w. a 7 ft. bed. Best pickup I've ever owned.

jonnylaw13":ozzfe995 said:
1983 Oldsmobile Delta-88 Royal Brougham

temporary_zps8b67df4c.jpg
Nice look'en vehicle but, my first question is , why do you have curb feelers on the drivers side? :scratch:

2010 Toyota FJ Cruiser:

FJ_s.JPG

and in it's natural habitat (Loading a boat on a small Minnesota lake):

FJNH_s.JPG

My 2001 VW Passat GLX w/my mother at the wheel !! :twisted: :twisted: Notice it's parked and NOT moving!! :twisted: :twisted:

My 2008 Nissan Altima finally gave up the ghost at 399,886 miles. Darn thing just couldn't make 400k, junk. I did rack up $400 in repairs over 400,000 miles....

Now I'm driving our 2009 Subaru Forester, which I hate. Guess I'm just a sedan guy. Perhaps this Winter, up in NY or NJ I'll think differently about it.

2006 Ford Ranger, the newest vehicle I've ever owned and so far I'm very Happy ;)

I finally had it with my '09 Subaru Forester and traded it in. I found a 2014 Lincoln MKZ with 15,000 miles at a PA dealer. One ride and I was hooked. I had rented a Ford Fusion a few months ago and really liked it. But I found that the nice Fusions came with turbo motors, which I was hoping to avoid. In the search, I discovered that Lincoln optioned a 3.7L NA V6 and I was sold. This one came with the Lincoln Certified warranty, 7 years, 100k bumper-to-bumper, no deductible warranty. (Ford only offered the bumper-to-bumper for 36k). Two months in, I'm still amazed every time I drive this one. The Sync program for my phone is amazing. It gets better gas mileage than the Subraru (work pays me a car allowance and mileage). It as less than half the price of a new MKZ (out of my budget!)

I can not drive, my vision will not let me, I have car, my wife driving a Opel Mokka Selective Turbo 140 Cv 2015, I love this car, really comfortable and practical, now with our baby two months I realized how spacious it is

its in white color, i not pics here

04_opel_mokka_2012_07_28_001.jpg

Opel_Mokka_Interior_View_Cosmo_768x432_mok15_i04_069.jpg

Black 2015 Impala to replace the black 2008 Impala that some cretin on his phone rear-ended while I was stopped at a light. (All things considered, I WILL have neck pain the next time this happens.) Gained a sun-roof and a hundred horsepower over the old one. I've had Chevys since I had pimples, just a good ol' everyday car.

crash110.jpg
" />

Wow, there's a real diverse range of motor cars here folks.

So here's mine, a VW T5 with a Kombi interior. Just the ticket for the family with a load of outdoor gear or bikes in the back.

If you look closely, this photo was taken near a world famous landmark in Blighty.

Stick":861ossuu said:
Wow, there's a real diverse range of motor cars here folks.

So here's mine, a VW T5 with a Kombi interior.  Just the ticket for the family with a load of outdoor gear or bikes in the back.

If you look closely, this photo was taken near a world famous landmark in Blighty.

No mistaking Stonehenge mate. Been there myself I have, back in '79 on my very first hol in your green and pleasant land. Pity my choice of travelling companions left much to be desired though!

cheers,

RR

Here's my ride. '08 Ford Escape Hybrid. No, the pics aren't mine but it might as well be one and the same.

17011350.jpg

17011294.jpg

2008-Ford-Escape-Hybrid-3.jpg

Bought her used in '10 with like 24K miles on it. Now have about 77K, so that's an average of just under 9K/yr.

Gets a reliable 30 mpg on 87 octane, and goes into hybrid mode when the revs/speed is down to some point. In any case I've never been able to tell when one stops or the other takes over, with the rare exception of pulling up at a stop and then the combustion engine quits. That took some getting used to as I thought the car had died.

Haven't had any mechanical problems at all. No breakdowns, no won't start issues. And the AWD handles like a champ in snow. I once literally blazed a trail in like 9" deep snow coming off my steep hill one winter, and I didn't even have snow/studded tires. Very impressive performance.

Still have on the original tires and they may indeed go another season or two. Not even close to the wear bars yet. Very impressed with these tires and will replace with the identical model when the time comes.

I've normally changed cars every 5-6 years or so with a few exceptions, but right now I'm so sold on this Escape that I don't plan to part with it anytime soon. In fact a guy on another forum who works for Ford said that the Hybrids routinely go 200K without any major issues and are used by cabbies in NYC.

Never thought I'd be a Hybrid fan since I don't particularly like the Prius, but that's more of a style thing. Guess they get like 50+ mpg, which is not to be sneezed at. Yet to me they're butt-ugly. And feminine!

Oddly enough, in my past Fords weren't particularly highly regarded..(their cars anyways not their trucks). Used to have several acronyms back in the70's/'80's like-

Found On Road Dead

Fix Or Repair Daily

I've lots of respect for Ford trucks. Had a late '70's F150 for a short time, and seriously considered another one around the time I got in the '08 Escape. If I was in the market for a pick-um-up truck that would be my first choice hands down.

As it is I'm well satisfied with the Escape. Too bad they discontinued the Hybrids, and the current styling doesn't appeal.

Cheers,

RR

Just got a used 2016 KIA Soul+ with 2,000 miles on it. Helluva deal. "Fathom Blue" is a dark charcoal blue. Super huge inside. I'm 6' 1" and I have two hand widths over my head. Rear backup camera. Eco pkg...turns engine off at stops! Electronic everything. Very solid and planted feel. Original owner bought and did complete fabric and paint sealant packages (idiot) then discovered she was "allergic" to the fabric stuff. Moron.  We got 25% off new car price with a 100K mile bumper to bumper KIA warranty plus gap insurance.

Looks like the one below:

kia_16soul!2a_fathomblue.png