What do you drive?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2010 BMW 328i xDrive.

This is a picture from when I first purchased her, about a year and a half ago. Still looks just the same, though there's a few more bugs on her now. :D

10996610.jpg

Can't beat the all wheel drive, or the 32-ish mpg I get on the highway. Drives like a total champ, and I've not had any major issues with her. Maintenance isn't the cheapest thing, but I've found that even if maintenance is more expensive than most American cars, those maintenance intervals are further and fewer between. I bought her for a song last year, with a whole 40k miles. I've got considerably more, but that's bound to happen when you put nearly 4,000 miles on her in three months.

Blackhorse":sz8ujocn said:
lol.

Couldn't be two more diametrically opposed design ethics.  Both classics in their own ways.
Oh, absolutely. I like both vehicles, for completely different reasons!

Though admittedly, being 5'4", my car selection is quite a bit wider than yours, while still being comfortable inside.

I drive a 2006 Dodge Hemi Ram 1500 Quad cab. The wife drives a 2008 Honda Accord. I used to
have a 1986 Chevy Monte Carlo, but sold it recently because I got tired of the wife complaining
about it taking up garage space, spending too much money on it, not using it enough, etc! All the
money I got for it was supposed to go for a boat, but the wife took the money and put it in a
CD for 5 years!

For fun I also drive a 2012 Polaris Ranger!

‘06 Dodge Ram 2500 Hemi Laramie. As you can see, Michigan winters are not good to a vehicle! Time for a bath...
Zach

Yeah Corncobcon! Nothing better than a Hemi right!!?
Hey does yours have the OEM navigation in it? I’ve been having some problems with mine, and wondering if yours is similar? Also, have you experienced Death Wobble yet?

Zach

Recently found a great used 2016 Ford Explorer Police Edition also known as the Police Interceptor Utility. Been looking for a good one for about a year as I need the lack of a center console for my radio and car audio equipment. Much faster (3.7L instead of the std 3.5L) and better handling than the standard Explorer Sport and a lot of fun to drive. I'll post an interior pic when it's finished.

GuitarMyFriend":xlh5npoo said:
Yeah Corncobcon! Nothing better than a Hemi right!!?
Hey does yours have the OEM navigation in it? I’ve been having some problems with mine, and wondering if yours is similar? Also, have you experienced Death Wobble yet?

Zach
No, I don't have the OEM navigation. The only problem I had was with a faulty fuel sensor. When the dealer replaced it, they cracked the plastic gas tank! Aholes! They didn't tell me, and I then drove it from Topeka to my (then) new home in Missouri over 200 miles and had to stop for gas! To make this short, the dealer replaced the tank but didn't admit to cracking the first tank. Again... Aholes!

No "death wobble" yet! But, I only have 72,000 miles on it! And it's 12 years old!!!!!

Just added the one on the left to the stable. 2019 Audi S5 Prestige Sportback. Glacier white with red seats and carbon fiber inlay. The one on the right is our 2017 Audi Q7 Prestige. Same color. Tan interior. The Q7 has been our road trip car and it has been phenomenal, but after driving Miatas, Minis and Subaru STIs for years I was missing something sportier, hence the S. Love both of them.

There's also a beater 2005 Honda CRV in the driveway. It's a hail damaged, salvage-titled car with 273,000 miles on it. It just won't die. It's the dog hauler and hardware runner. Great car.

48040920826_c7bb2f8560_b.jpg

2015 Subaru Impreza hatchback (don't have a picture of it). We got it specifically for when we moved to upstate NY a few years ago for the winters. Even after having a Jeep in the past nothing yet has been able to handle winter driving like this thing.

Smart Car 2017, thing is a roll-cage with an engine. Nice pulling up to the pump and getting high test and only paying twenty bucks to fill the tank. I get on average about 45mph sometime as high as 51mph.

I leased a 2015 and less then 24 hours into the lease I hit a 6/8 point buck head on at 45mph. I drove off, the buck didn't. Total damage was $3500. The following week my son hit a doe with the Toyota Camry. They stopped the estimate when they got to 11.5K in damage and just totaled it.

Needless to say I'm a fan of the Smart Car. Too bad they are eliminating the gas engine and going all electric. Won't cut it for me since I do 70 mile commute a day and work doesn't have charging stations.

I must admit I have a 'thing' for machinery.  I have more cars and motorcycles than a man should be allowed.  Here are two of em:

2d10ll1.jpg

1997 BMW 740il (250k miles)
2003 Toyota Sequoia (300k miles)

I do my own wrenching so keeping them on the road is pretty cheap. They are paid for and run good.

p4pb14742882.jpg

Not my dreambike by any means, but I also never worry about it getting stolen. I picked it up at an insurance liquidation sale for 1/5th retail. I'd like to move up to a mid-80s Fuji Touring Series V or Fuji America, which are indeed my dream bikes. Or even a Miyata 1000.

Haven't updated.  We are down to two Hybrids.  A 2017 RAV4 Limited and a 2013 Camry.  Here's the Camry on The Tail of the Dragon, in NC.  46mpg and loving it.