What do you drive?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chevy Impalas. Got two of 'em. A 2002 and a 2004. The '02 is white and the '04 is gold. The '02 belongs to the missus and the '04 is mine.

plumbernater":9wzvllur said:
What does she have in her.
It's the 289, I put the valve seats in, swaped a Edelbrock performer manifold and a 4 barrel Holly, and put on a PerTronix Electronic Ignition that fits in the distributor cap for better gas mileage (and power). I also took all the auto choke stuff off. I did save all the stuff I took off, and all the visible parts I put on were available in the 60's.

It's dirty in this pic, but it's the most recent and best angle I have in my Photobucket account:

2011-12-15135441.jpg

'01 Mustang GT Bullitt, couple bolt-ons, 17x10 Bullitt replicas with 315 Nitto NT555Rs, little nitrous, JLT cold air kit, retune, no cats, some flowmasters... Generic Mustang stuffs.

I drive a 74 Chev C-10 truck. I bought it because it goes well with my Nording bent apple. I stuffed a repro 400 crank in it making it a 383 and topped it off with repro bow tie heads, MSD ignition, and the usual Hooker Header/Flowmaster combo. A freshly beefed TH350 transfers power to TA N-50's. It's a great ride, scorches pavement, but sucks 20 bucks worth of gas getting to work and back. I'll post a pic after I wash the snow grunge off and it's light outside.

2004 Ford F150 Heritage, which I inherited when my father passed away...

The missus has an '08 Lexus and a '99 Saab 9-5. Both are dealer-maintained, low miles and like new. She enjoys driving the Saab more than the Lex.

I have an '05 Honda CR-V and a '99 Saab 9-5 with manual trans.

We ended up with two Saabs, because they're cool, we love driving 'em, they're in good (mine) to great (hers) shape, neither has a squeak or rattle and all electronics work, and when we bought the newer cars the dealer offered trade ins for the Saabs that made us think, "Hmmm. I'll keep it since it's been paid for long since." At some point we may have to revise this strategy, but so far . . .

'04 Mini Cooper S. British Racing Green/White roof & mirrors. Certainly not the most muscle, but it more than compensates in handling & fun. I can take any cloverleaf @ 60mph & have done a buck twenty with revs to spare.

I am a ford man myself.  I drive a 1995 Ford F-350 4 door dually with the 7.3l powerstroke motor in it.  My wife has a 2006 Scion XB.  I also have a 1997 f250 4x4 powerstroke, but the motor needs to be rebuilt.  It is playing the part of parts truck now.  I plan on picking up a couple of Ford Broncos in May. (a 1974 bronco and a 1986 military bronco with a diesel motor in it)  I cant reveal my source to those trucks yet, lets just suffice to say that the old guy that owns these has about 200-300 old broncos from all years that he is getting ready to sell off. I also recently picked up a 2000 Buick LeSabre with 88000 miles on it for 1700$. Almost mint condition. It gets decent mileage, but I think I will trade it off for something else soon. All my vehicles are paid for.

The Crossfire Ltd. that is pictured to the left in my avatar ...

2000 Chevy S-10 and a 96 Mercedes C-280 Turbo.
They both fly, both have the same sized engines.

Black/black Chevy Impala. Boring car but I sort of like it. Next car will be sportier, and a stick if I can find one. Life's too short to let a transmission shift for you.

I'm with you on that.

I traded off the jacked up F150 back at the first of the year and bought a 2014 Dodge Dart SXT, all the cool stuff, big screen, sat radio, sun roof.

I drive a 2007 Ford Expedition XLT (it's got all the nice accessories)

Twas a hand-me-down from my mom (company vehicle).

When I am not in the workshop making pipes or in the study writing my book, I can usually be found gradually restoring/polishing/fixing-up this:

deXFTQql.jpg

L40HFHcl.jpg

JGfkAnrl.jpg

It's already in good shape for a 12 year old car, thanks to being previously owned by another middle-aged couple instead of falling into the clutches of teens, and I hope to keep it that way.  I'll be running it in autocross one of these days, if life will ever settle down enough for me to have the free time.